European Distribution - your opinions, ideas - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 7th September 2011, 08:30 PM   #11
EUVL is offline EUVL  Europe
diyAudio Member

Mark,

Importing your chasses into Europe means the receiver has to pick them up from the customs and pay VAT at least. If the custom is fuzzy, then he also needs to bring along proof of purchase. It is can be a lot of trouble.

People also do not want to take the risk of losses in shipment across continents, and wait months for a pair of chasses (unless you would ship by air for free...). People want to just go to a website, place an order, and have the goods within 5 days.

We have discussed this before. You should, IMHO, at least have one distributor who clear customs and takes care of VAT, etc. As long as it is within the EU, money transfer is relatively simple (especially within the Euro zone), and there is free flow of goods without having to pay VAT twice, or complicated customs procedures.

Just my 2 cents,
Patrick
Old 7th September 2011, 08:43 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

True all the online shops I know offer payment by credit card, still there is a huge difference in market penetration of credit cards in Germany/France compared to the US/UK. Somehow it's quite hard to find new statistics about that, only thing I found doing a quick search is a text from 2008
http://corporate.visa.com/_media/ita...ard-report.pdf
Old 7th September 2011, 08:50 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Patrick, where do you live? I bought an alpair pair straight from mark and if the dutch customs didn't decide to keep it for 5 days i would have had them in 4 days. They where delivered at my door by the way.
The overall cost would have been the same if i bought them somewhere in europe.

What i found out however is that HongKong speed post is handed over to TNT in the netherlands, and they seem to have their own custom declaration department which is notoriously slow. UPS and DHL are apparently way faster in this regard; they also have their own declaration support. But more costly i guess.
Old 7th September 2011, 08:55 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Curious, why is paypal a problem in france and germany by the way? I use it all the time with ebay, and never had any problems with it. And i buy stuff from al over the world..
Only downside is you order a bit too easy maybe..;-)
Old 7th September 2011, 09:35 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

I didn't say that paypal is a problem, actually it's pretty standard on German ebay as well.
I said that credit cards aren't as widespread in many European countries as in the US.
Old 9th September 2011, 02:27 PM   #16
Swifty is offline Swifty  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hey Mark, I just noticed that the Alpair 7.3 is now available at RumoH - RumoH - Caps, coils and speakers As far as I know that's the only place to get them from in Europe right now.
Old 9th September 2011, 04:15 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
Hey Mark, I just noticed that the Alpair 7.3 is now available at RumoH - RumoH - Caps, coils and speakers As far as I know that's the only place to get them from in Europe right now.
Hi Swifty, EU guys,
Rudy (RumoH) has asked me if he can buy direct as Juoiga (Holland dealer) has yet to take stock of the new drivers. So I'm not sure if its wise for Rudy to advertise Alpair 7 Gen. 3 drivers on his site without carrying any stock. Its better if he works with Henkjan (Juoiga) to give me a stock order of drivers.

I'm happy to supply both Henkjan and Rudy but as yet, neither dealer has given me a firm stock order.

Thanks
Mark.
Old 9th September 2011, 05:26 PM   #18
robmil is offline robmil  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi

I run my own business based in the UK. The whole issue with VAT and Duty applied within the EU is not an issue at all. As long as your customer has a valid VAT number and company registration then VAT is NOT applicable. So business to business transactions are always ex VAT within the EU OR if the EU company does apply VAT then you (the buyer) just claims the VAT back on your next company VAT return.

When selling to the end-user (non vat registered customer).... VAT is applied and that is it.

As a company based in the EU, VAT refunds depends on how much you turnover, what your export sales looks like and how much your EU sales looks like AND what you have purchased for the company that can be claimed back.

Selling in the EU has never been easier for a shop or manufacturer as the barriers - well there aren't any... Oh one last thing - Germany is strict on WEEE, EN and CE. If your products don't conform then you and your German dealers 'can' be fined.

Rob
Old 9th September 2011, 06:22 PM   #19
RumoH is offline RumoH  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Sorry guys for this inconvience, the A7 gen3 should not have shown up in the front-end.

Rudy
Old 14th September 2011, 01:59 PM   #20
tcohed is offline tcohed  Germany
diyAudio Member

I didn't read everything said here, but: through mailorder, shipments to germany from outside the EU are only exempt from taxes up to 26,30€, which is ~35$.

I bought all my drivers with oaudio, but they are not really keen on answering emails.

Another great shop which has your drivers (there are many) is Hobbyhifiladen, they don't charge on shipment when the order is above 100€ in Germany and have a flatrate for outside the EU of 14,5€ (~20$).

But, as the others said, I have no problem to order from any shop in the EU as long as the shipping costs are not horrendous. I buy loads of my stuff from the UK and as long as they are not located on Jersey or Guernsey, it is no problem at all.

Hide this!Advertise here!