Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 6th May 2011, 09:17 PM   #11
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudio View Post
The Alps have attracting magnet systems
Why is this? The functions of increased flux density and magnetic field suppression seem to require opposed magnetisation?
Old 6th May 2011, 10:56 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldune View Post
Mark, thanks for the method. I will fix it myself then, no need to send it back. As to other damage: I can see none. Wonder why it came loose....
Greetings, Paul
Ps. Diyaudio is a amazing place! Where else can you get advice from the man who designed and created the speaker?
Hi Paul,
I' happy to say its extremely rare to have a glue failure. I've only had 2 fails like this from total runs of 12,000 drivers (Alp7, EL-70 and 2 X OEM versions) Looking at your pic, the glue is evenly spread. It won't be jolt or knock, you would have noticed severely crushed packaging.

We use a 2 pack bonding system (2 glues mixed and applied by machine). This method is industrial and reliable. I recon there will be very slight contamination (moisture or similar) in the joint, hence why I'd like you to lightly wire brush them. That should do the trick. You won't need much glue, just a thin layer on both surfaces.

Glad to help

Cheers

Mark.

Last edited by markaudio; 6th May 2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:03 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman View Post
Why is this? The functions of increased flux density and magnetic field suppression seem to require opposed magnetisation?
Hi Badman,
Who told you that? Stray magnetic field suppression is an outcome from either method. More important is the control and distribution of the density inside the coil chamber. Now you can start to guess how I extract linear oscillation.

Cheers

Mark.
Old 8th May 2011, 08:40 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

I glued it back on. However, I noticed the magnet doesnt stay EXACTLY in the center; because of the magnetic force it slides a little (3-4 mm) off-center.
I hope this is no problem, and won't change the sound.

greetings, Paul
Old 8th May 2011, 10:01 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Hi Paul,
No problem, it will work fine. I guess the glue's set? When I'm making prototypes, I use a couple of short screwdrivers (or a small piece of wood) wedged into the back of the frame and temporarily taped to hold until set. But I only do this is only when I have the time.

Provided you've got the glue two surfaces nice a flat (wire brush), the metal cap will limit any off-set to within 2-mm.

Cheers

Mark.
Old 9th May 2011, 06:23 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Yes the glue is set; guess its OK now. I wire brushed both surfaces with a dremel (?).
The metal cap did indeed limit the off center thing. I glued it with UHU epoxy; it should be good for 300Kg/cm2.
Now they have to go back in the box till my "build my own CNC mill" project is done; then I can give them the enclosure they deserve.

Thanks again!

Paul

Hide this!Advertise here!