diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Markaudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/)
-   -   Pluto with Alpair 12 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/162731-pluto-alpair-12-a.html)

ackcheng 7th March 2010 03:05 PM

Pluto with Alpair 12

Dear Mark,

I am planning to build a surround speakers into my system and I would like to only use one driver. I came across this

Surround loudspeaker

and I quite like the idea, however, I found that the driver used does not have a good range like yours. I wonder if your Alpair 12 has a good horizontal dispersion for this purpose and also if it can be fitted this way to achieve the effect? Do you have a plan for this project?

Yours

ackcheng

welborne 7th March 2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ackcheng (Post 2110560)
Dear Mark,

I am planning to build a surround speakers into my system and I would like to only use one driver. I came across this

Surround loudspeaker

and I quite like the idea, however, I found that the driver used does not have a good range like yours. I wonder if your Alpair 12 has a good horizontal dispersion for this purpose and also if it can be fitted this way to achieve the effect? Do you have a plan for this project?

Yours

ackcheng

HI ackcheng, how are you? I met Mark yesterday in my audio room.

Mark: the Hypex UCD700 amp that you saw me using to drive the 18" woofer was indeed made by ackcheng ^^

ackcheng 7th March 2010 03:19 PM

Wow! What a small world! Did you managed to change the gain for the amp?

welborne 7th March 2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ackcheng (Post 2110583)
Wow! What a small world! Did you managed to change the gain for the amp?

without your help, I could not do it as I can't even handle a solder iron :p:p

ackcheng 8th March 2010 01:26 PM

can you check the resistor value?

markaudio 8th March 2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ackcheng (Post 2110560)
Dear Mark,

Surround loudspeaker
Yours
ackcheng

Hi Ackcheng,
Interesting idea. I've never tried this myself so couldn't say for sure that the Alpair 12 would be optimal in such a design. However, the Alp12's cone has a very wide dispersion. Its off-axis response is excellent. This feature would be useful in this type of application.
Cheers
Mark.
(Nice Hypex amp - well done)

EUVL 30th April 2010 10:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
There are many interesting examples, but the one in the photo is for me one of the most stunning piece of DIY.

PLUTO photos

;)

Patrick

pinobot 1st May 2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EUVL (Post 2171700)
There are many interesting examples, but the one in the photo is for me one of the most stunning piece of DIY.

PLUTO photos

;)

Patrick

Nice industrial design. :p

EUVL 2nd May 2010 06:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This example was built by a professional supplier (Wood Artistry).
For me absolutely no comparison.

Patrick

markaudio 2nd May 2010 11:06 AM

Hi Patrick,
Long time no see, how are you?
Hi guys,
Has anyone built a Pluto? Any performance and listening impressions?
Thanks
Mark.