diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Markaudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/)
-   -   Pluto with Alpair 12 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/162731-pluto-alpair-12-a.html)

ackcheng 7th March 2010 03:05 PM

Pluto with Alpair 12
 
Dear Mark,

I am planning to build a surround speakers into my system and I would like to only use one driver. I came across this

Surround loudspeaker

and I quite like the idea, however, I found that the driver used does not have a good range like yours. I wonder if your Alpair 12 has a good horizontal dispersion for this purpose and also if it can be fitted this way to achieve the effect? Do you have a plan for this project?

Yours

ackcheng

welborne 7th March 2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ackcheng (Post 2110560)
Dear Mark,

I am planning to build a surround speakers into my system and I would like to only use one driver. I came across this

Surround loudspeaker

and I quite like the idea, however, I found that the driver used does not have a good range like yours. I wonder if your Alpair 12 has a good horizontal dispersion for this purpose and also if it can be fitted this way to achieve the effect? Do you have a plan for this project?

Yours

ackcheng

HI ackcheng, how are you? I met Mark yesterday in my audio room.

Mark: the Hypex UCD700 amp that you saw me using to drive the 18" woofer was indeed made by ackcheng ^^

ackcheng 7th March 2010 03:19 PM

Wow! What a small world! Did you managed to change the gain for the amp?

welborne 7th March 2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ackcheng (Post 2110583)
Wow! What a small world! Did you managed to change the gain for the amp?

without your help, I could not do it as I can't even handle a solder iron :p:p

ackcheng 8th March 2010 01:26 PM

can you check the resistor value?

markaudio 8th March 2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ackcheng (Post 2110560)
Dear Mark,

I am planning to build a surround speakers into my system and I would like to only use one driver. I came across this
Surround loudspeaker
and I quite like the idea, however, I found that the driver used does not have a good range like yours. I wonder if your Alpair 12 has a good horizontal dispersion for this purpose and also if it can be fitted this way to achieve the effect? Do you have a plan for this project?
Yours
ackcheng

Hi Ackcheng,
Interesting idea. I've never tried this myself so couldn't say for sure that the Alpair 12 would be optimal in such a design. However, the Alp12's cone has a very wide dispersion. Its off-axis response is excellent. This feature would be useful in this type of application.
Cheers
Mark.
(Nice Hypex amp - well done)

EUVL 30th April 2010 10:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
There are many interesting examples, but the one in the photo is for me one of the most stunning piece of DIY.

PLUTO photos

;)


Patrick

pinobot 1st May 2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EUVL (Post 2171700)
There are many interesting examples, but the one in the photo is for me one of the most stunning piece of DIY.

PLUTO photos

;)


Patrick

Nice industrial design. :p

EUVL 2nd May 2010 06:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This example was built by a professional supplier (Wood Artistry).
For me absolutely no comparison.


Patrick

markaudio 2nd May 2010 11:06 AM

Hi Patrick,
Long time no see, how are you?
Hi guys,
Has anyone built a Pluto? Any performance and listening impressions?
Thanks
Mark.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:32 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2