Tweeter No.3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 6th February 2010, 07:05 PM   #1
DcibeL is offline DcibeL  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Tweeter No.3

Hi all,
Just curious if anyone had had a chance to use Tweeter No. 3 yet? It looks quite interesting to me, with the closest competition being Vifa DQ25 and BC25.

Biggest hurdle I see using this tweeter is the Fs at 1.5kHz. This may require some additional crossover parts to get a good roll-off. The Vifa tweeters also have Fs in the same area, but the peak is lower. I may do some modelling to see how easy these are to use with only a few crossover parts. I'd be aiming for a crossover around 2.2-2.5kHz, 4th order acoustic (2nd electrical).

Anyway, just guaging interest in this tweeter, or is everyone waiting for the accompanying 6.5" woofer to make a Mark Audio 2-way?
Old 6th February 2010, 08:06 PM   #2
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Bob has threatened to get me a set of the protos to play with... i have seen the tweeter at Bob's. They were still working on XOs. It has some real potential.

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!