New 2" (50-mm) Prototype - Page 7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 22nd May 2010, 04:54 AM   #61
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

From a personal perspective I may not represent the target market for this driver. But my ideal use for a small driver is near field desktop use. And paired with a low power high grade amplifier.

In terms of getting the best performance from it I would notice that I don't need very much power so I can use something small optimized for quality of sound and not for lowest possible cost (which would be some horrible integrated circuit).

From an amplifier perspective what would really help minimize distortion would be that 600 Ohms that was talked about earlier in this thread. It would allow the speaker to be driven by a high quality headphone amplifier, of which there are many good choices.

Just my 2c.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 26th May 2010, 04:27 PM   #62
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Trooper46
If this became a budget version of the alpair 5 I would be extremely happy. I liked the alpair 5, but the cost and rising response at the top end kept me away.

Now if only you made a composite chassised, paper coned 8 inch woofer to go along with it. Well I can always dream right?
Old 3rd July 2010, 03:36 PM   #63
diyAudio Member

How is work coming on this driver?
Old 4th September 2010, 03:18 PM   #64
diyAudio Member

any updates in production Mark? need a winter project..
Old 6th September 2010, 11:26 PM   #65
diyAudio Member

Hi Fellas,
Apologies for my late reply. I'm mostly recovered from an operation to remove a tumour but its taken longer than anticipated.

I've not been able to make progress on this driver although I'd like to. At this moment I'm concentrating on the Alp6 and Alp10 Gen. 2 builds. All being well, I should finish the production by late September, then I'll have more time to work on these and other projects.

Cheers

Mark.

Hide this!Advertise here!