Alpair 10 - Generation 2 - sneak peek - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 30th April 2010, 02:02 AM   #31
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudio View Post
A note on this: Virtually all the latest Alpair 7 production has been bought by Germany and Japan. I have only a few pairs in stock. Likewise for CHR-70, CHP-70.
OK... this persuaded me to place an order right now for a pair of CHR-70 ready for my next project after the Pensil 7s... again, kudos to your website design and online shopping experience.
Old 30th April 2010, 02:36 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

Hi Mark,

Many good news of your products. Very exicting.

Is it possible to keep a bit more stock for Alpair 7 for local market in Hong Kong for next production lot? I have been receiving many inquiries about Alpair 7 and other models from local hifi website. More and more people are interested in Mark Audio full range speakers. I want to make advertising on a major local HiFi magazine, HiFi Review.

Thanks.
Tony.
Old 30th April 2010, 02:50 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musik007 View Post
Hi Mark,
Many good news of your products. Very exicting.
Is it possible to keep a bit more stock for Alpair 7 for local market in Hong Kong for next production lot? I have been receiving many inquiries about Alpair 7 and other models from local hifi website. More and more people are interested in Mark Audio full range speakers. I want to make advertising on a major local HiFi magazine, HiFi Review.
Thanks.
Tony.
Hi Tony,
Sorry megga busy, but give me a call later today. I'll sort some small inventory.
Old 30th April 2010, 11:28 AM   #34
lazyfly is offline lazyfly  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
... A note on this: Virtually all the latest Alpair 7 production has been bought by Germany and Japan. I have only a few pairs in stock. Likewise for CHR-70, CHP-70. All BB4-AL (black coned CHR's) have gone to Germany. Woofs and tweets: over half the stock has gone, this includes the white coned model.
Mark.
Nice. By the time the Alp 7's reach Oz, they'll be Alp 7 Gen 7
Old 30th April 2010, 11:52 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyfly View Post
Nice. By the time the Alp 7's reach Oz, they'll be Alp 7 Gen 7
Alpair 7's went air courier to Dan Archer (Markaudio's Aussie dealer) today. You can place your order with him right now.........

Contact Us : Darcher Audio
Old 1st May 2010, 03:39 AM   #36
lazyfly is offline lazyfly  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Alpair 7's went air courier to Dan Archer (Markaudio's Aussie dealer) today. You can place your order with him right now.........

Contact Us : Darcher Audio
That'd be bloody right, now I look like an **** with the sarcasm emoticon and spoilt brat attitude. But! It's your own fault for making me want a pair so badly, but also wanting to support Dan and not make an international order

Thanks Mark.

Not terribly important but which colour diaphragm was sent out?
Old 1st May 2010, 05:14 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyfly View Post
That'd be bloody right, now I look like an **** with the sarcasm emoticon and spoilt brat attitude. But! It's your own fault for making me want a pair so badly, but also wanting to support Dan and not make an international order
Thanks Mark.
Not terribly important but which colour diaphragm was sent out?
No worries,
Dan will look after you. I think he ordered grey.
I'm in Sydney this coming Friday, then up to Briz on the following Monday.

Cheers

Mark.
Old 4th May 2010, 05:34 AM   #38
rajivs is offline rajivs  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Pre-order?

Mark, can I pre-order some gen2s to complement the two I already have of gen1? I don't want you to send all of them to everywhere except the U.S.
Old 4th May 2010, 10:28 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivs View Post
Mark, can I pre-order some gen2s to complement the two I already have of gen1? I don't want you to send all of them to everywhere except the U.S.
Hi Rajivs,
Thanks for the request. We are now evaluating new components. I expect this process will take to mid June. Then we make a PP (pre-production) run of 100 drivers. Providing all goes well, We'll include these drivers in the sales inventory. Send us an email around the end of May to early June, we'll add you to the pre-order list.

Cheers

Mark.
Old 4th May 2010, 11:00 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,
Keeping you up to date on Alpair 10 progress......

I had a meeting yesterday with the Mat factory. It's a good time for me to say a little more about Mat.

Mat is based in Japan. The company's key staff are Mr Marumada san (apologies if the spelling is not correct) and 2 principle engineers, Mr Taniguchi San and Mr Ogawa San. These guys have allot of high-end driver build experience associated mostly via Fostex and JBL. Mat set up its own factory in South China some 3 years back to make speciality drivers for lead Japanese, American and Australian brands.

I've had the good fortune to be introduced to Mat by Matsubara San, who many of you know as the rear suspension designer for Alps 7 and 12. For those of you who are Fostex Fe series users, you've got Matsubara San to thank as he was the lead designer for this series of drivers.

The early work with Mat is already very interesting and so different from working with the last assembly factory. Firstly, there's many more procedures to go through. The assessment of each component is more detailed. The build plan is more precisely planned. I'll try to post some examples before I fly to Australia, or when I return to HK.

From my perspective as an engineer with some 30 years work time, its a great experience to enter the Japanese industrial scene. I'm beginning to understand why Japan grew to be a premium product producer. Their industrial methodology and practices are the best the I've encountered, given that I've worked for several companies from various parts of the world over the years.

Please accept my apologies in advance should I take longer to make the new Alp 10 (and Alp6). I want to learn more about Japanese speaker build technology and their working practices. Having such knowledge and experience incorporated into Gen 2 drivers is an opportunity not to be missed.

Cheers

Mark.

Last edited by markaudio; 4th May 2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: typo mending

Hide this!Advertise here!