Pensil 12 and B&W Matrix 802 - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 16th July 2010, 07:51 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjppop View Post
You know, I have to say I get really pretty tired of people constantly saying "Oh, made in China? Must be crap." The beautiful setup you're showing here will hopefully put some of that kind of talk to rest. The cabinet work looks fantastic, the paint/finish is wonderful, and the machine work for the "feet" is perfect. I'll be contacting Mark soon to get some details on what has been shown in this thread.

Yea, I know what you mean. But, on the other hand...these generalizations are good for one reason, to keep those companies who have true aspirations in staying way ahead of the rest. Kinda like Chrysler. They have been deemed crap for how many years??? Now look at them. STILL CRAP!

Lol...
Old 16th July 2010, 08:06 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Classic.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:06 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hi Chaps,
Some interesting comments re "China". When I first stepped into Mainland China some 12 years back, skill levels of the workforce was low. Many factories were primitive by North American and European standards. How times have changed. All the big players are now in China..... Apple, Dell, GE, Honda, Toyota, Sony, BMW, Sansui, GM, Nippon........ the list goes on and on and on and on. A few weeks back, I was at a factory making cabs for Yamaha, very nice quality, all panels CNC cut, piano/mirror finished.

China brands are emerging. Take a look at the pic. Its the latest from BYD (pronounced Bee..yar..dee). Originally a humble battery maker based in South China, now its racing ahead with advanced electric car production. The pic is the BYe6, expected to go on sale in the US later this year.

China's become the workshop for the world. Anything CNC'd, moulded, pressed, fabricated, welded, assembled, you name it, "made in China" is what you'll on most consumer items today.

Cheers

Mark.
PS - even our mutts were made here (originally designed in Mexico, made in China)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 800px-BYD_plug-in_electric_car.jpg (139.1 KB, 543 views)
File Type: jpg mutts1b.jpg (57.7 KB, 457 views)

Last edited by markaudio; 18th July 2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:13 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptquark View Post
Graham, where can I get the plans for the twin 7 design that you built? Towers.
From yours truly........I designed this cab for Graham's set-up. I'll try to find time to draw it up and post.

Cheers

Mark.
Old 17th July 2010, 12:08 AM   #15
lazyfly is offline lazyfly  Australia
diyAudio Member

lol, hooter looks cool... and goofy
Old 17th July 2010, 12:16 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Yes, production can be high quality anywhere, if you make it a priority.

Norman
Old 17th July 2010, 12:41 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudio View Post
From yours truly........I designed this cab for Graham's set-up. I'll try to find time to draw it up and post.

Cheers

Mark.
Thank you Mark. I have decided to build it. This and the Troles designed DQWTL will go toe to toe.
Old 18th July 2010, 09:40 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyfly View Post
lol, hooter looks cool... and goofy
Hi laz,
Yes, Hooter ("Boots" as we sometimes call him) is a little cracker. Quite a character. I rescued from a near death situation. He was locked away in a cage covered by newspaper. No food or water, I heard him crying. He was only 12 weeks old and almost dead. I found the owner and said "give me the mutt or.........!!!!!!!!!!!" (I'll leave you to guess the rest).

I rushed him to to vets. She thought he wouldn't last the night but we got some food inside and kept him warm. Carried on feeding him every few hours with mashed up tuna, pills and sugar-water. Did this for 2 weeks and got him back on his feet.

Must admit, cruelty to kids and animals really spins my head, gets my blood boiling.

Anyway, these boys are my home beta speaker testers (when tuned into Discovery's Animal Planet channel). They've got much better hearing than me! The run a mile if they don't like a prototype or sniff around the speaker if it's to their liking.

Cheers

Mark.
Pic of mutts with Eric.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mutts_jan2010.jpg (86.5 KB, 441 views)

Last edited by markaudio; 18th July 2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 18th July 2010, 09:56 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman bates View Post
Yes, production can be high quality anywhere, if you make it a priority.
Norman
True Norman,
The globe is now a very small place.
Mark.
Old 22nd July 2010, 04:31 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudio View Post

Cheers

Mark.
Hi Mark,

I'm jonzing for those plans. I think I'm going to go for it and build these first.

Spiro

Hide this!Advertise here!