Alpair 12 - Damped Air Coupler box design - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 25th November 2009, 11:04 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Hi Super-Panda,
Actually, I have 2 X 19 litre BR box designs. I'll do my best to open a new BR thread soon.

Thx
Mark.
Old 2nd January 2010, 03:12 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Default change dimensions

hello, I follow this threat and want to build this Damped Air Coupler Box Design with the alpair 12 driver.

your dimensions are:
940 x 256 x 370 (mm)

my problem is, that I have only 300mm (370mm) for the speaker. is it possible to increase the high to 1100 mm (940mm + 70mm)??? if is this possible - were is the middle for the driver position (180mm + 70mm??)

thank you very much for help - sorry for my realllllllly BAD english :-)

regards
wolkenlos
Old 2nd January 2010, 08:12 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Hello Wolkenlos,
Scott maybe best to answer your questions but from my understanding, the Pencil box dimensions are very important. If the size changes, it may not work properly. Also, the driver position is very important.

It maybe better to use bass reflex unless you can make the space in your room for the Pencil design.

Happy new year

Mark.
Old 2nd January 2010, 09:04 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Default Thx

regards
wolkenlos
Old 3rd January 2010, 04:56 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Basically what Mark said. The dimensions are critical, particularly the length (height); any changes will throw the tuning out. If you don't have sufficient space, I'd go with the BR Mark has done.
Old 3rd January 2010, 05:51 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Default fine...

thx for support - I found a other solution and more place for the pensil 12. I like the linear design and this great looking alpair 12 driver

I put all information together and made a PDF file - maybe anyone other will use it (german language) - if you agree, I will post it also in the Hobby Hifi Forum (Germany).

Link to PDF: http://www.freifisch.com/pdf/alpair12.pdf

greets
wolkenlos
Old 4th January 2010, 09:13 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Hi Wolkenlos,
Thanks for the update. Very interesting to see this PDF of the Alpair 12 Pencil design. Yes, please put on the Hobby Hi-Fi Forum in Germany. Many thanks for this help

Cheers
Mark.
Old 7th January 2010, 01:05 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

hi mark!

I have placed the PDF file to to german HIFI Forum. I updated the PDF and took a Sketchup Pic.
Link to German Forum:
http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?a...4&thread=18313

I have one more question about the Pensil12 - need the Alpair 12 driver a frequency separating filter to increase the performace?

greets
wolkenlos
Old 7th January 2010, 07:52 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Hi Wolkenlos,
Many thanks for your help and for posting on the German forum. Your PDF is a nice presentation, well done! I've posted the link:

http://www.freifisch.com/pdf/alpair12.pdf

I have a suggestion that will help make the PDF more clear. The attached pic shows 2 methods for centring the screw holes. The top pic is the safer method using a drill bit, tap with a hammer to make a centring mark. The lower pic is the quick method using the drill but care must be taken not to touch the cone.

Most important, the 4-mm drill should only be used to make the mark for the holes. If the box maker goes all the way through the wood with the 4-mm drill, the hole will be too big for the screws. Once the centring marks have been made, change to a smaller 2.8-mm drill to go through the wood. This size drill is the correct fit for the screws that come with the driver.

Be glad if you could explain this on the PDF and on the German forum.

Many thanks

Mark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A12_fit-1.jpg (59.3 KB, 1197 views)
Old 8th January 2010, 07:04 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

Default Update

Hi Mark!

I will update the PDF today...
Need the Alpair 12 driver a frequency separating filter to increase the performace?

Greets
wolkenlos

Hide this!Advertise here!