Mark's proto 6.5" Woofer, 1" silk Tweet combo - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Markaudio

Markaudio Designers and builders of audiophile grade drivers

Old 18th January 2010, 10:24 PM   #71
diyAudio Member

Hi H,
I wish I could give everyone free samples but I'd out of business.

Here's our site info on Tweeter No.3:

Tweeter No. 3 | Markaudio

Cheers

Mark.
Old 18th January 2010, 10:31 PM   #72
diyAudio Member

when i put it in cart the site tells me that i'm not logged-in. if the website requires log-in to show prices i suggest you to remove it and show them directly. as a web designer in my spare time i read several studies on the matter of selling on-line, and i find my self always closing sites that don't show that as clear as possible.
Old 18th January 2010, 11:07 PM   #73
diyAudio Member

Hi H,
Thanks for the feedback. Chris is putting the info into our cart in the next couple of days, so just the technical info for now.

We are sorting out postal charges for the Tweets. The drivers come in pairs in a pack box that weighs 230g. We estimate the price for a pair of Tweets including the postage will be $30 USD.

By using the small packet post, it helps to keep prices down but not sure about the quality of the post service inside Italy. Can you advise?

Cheers
Mark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Retail_box1.jpg (52.9 KB, 420 views)
Old 18th January 2010, 11:20 PM   #74
diyAudio Member

i feel very bad to say this but as a fact post services in italy depends on which part of the country the thing is to be delivered. sometimes also to which part of the city. to a point that even some ebay sellers from ebay don't sell directly to italy. the postal company anyway is getting better, in fact one of the most robust growing company in the last years.

looking positive: there's a possibility that something goes wrong with an expedition but absolutely not on a regular basis, expecially given expeditions go to different places-postal offices. hope this makes sense

as a matter of fact i've never had any problem in Rome, last box i received contained 3 pair of alpairs
Old 18th January 2010, 11:45 PM   #75
diyAudio Member

Thanks H,

We are looking at the post, also Speedpost and FedEx for all major locations. Maybe we can offer 2 levels of shipping service.

Much depends on our regular distributors and dealers. If they choose to carry this Tweet and our Woofer, it will be easier to buy locally. Bob Reimer has ordered these Tweets to be branded CSS product - "ERT-26". So if you're in North America, please feel free to contact him:

Creative Sound Solutions - feedback form

But for now, as a start into the Multi-way speaker world, we are happy to supply direct.

Chris in our studio is happy to take enquiries, email - sales@markaudio.com

Thanks
Mark.
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:23 AM   #76
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudio View Post
Hi Electron,
Remind me what specific data you're after and how you need to use it in your project.
Yes of course. The off axis frequency response curves is what I have in my mind. For example curve for 0, 20 and 60 degree in the same graph.

I'd like to know before hand two things:
1. How narrow is the tweeter radiation pattern? radiation beam should not be too narrow.
2. How smoothly the off axis response changes with frequency? off axis pattern should go down with frequency smoothly.
Old 28th February 2010, 09:05 AM   #77
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,
I'm getting closer to final production of Woof No.6 and Tweet No.3.
The Tweets should be finished around mid March and the Woofs by the beginning of April.

Woof cone colours, I can make black cones and also white. For those guys who urged me to make white cones, now is the time to tell me seriously if you'd buy a white coned woof!

Cheers

Mark.
Old 28th February 2010, 09:18 AM   #78
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Yes of course. The off axis frequency response curves is what I have in my mind. For example curve for 0, 20 and 60 degree in the same graph.

I'd like to know before hand two things:
1. How narrow is the tweeter radiation pattern? radiation beam should not be too narrow.
2. How smoothly the off axis response changes with frequency? off axis pattern should go down with frequency smoothly.
Hi Electron,
These Tweets are going to sell for around 30 USD per pair, one of the cheapest 1500Hz to 30-kHz tweets on the market. At this stage of business development, there's no way I can invest more anechoic chamber and test time into the low-end sector of the market.

Most 1" domed tweets are likely to have similar dispersion performances given the relative standardisation of design. If you're design is so axis critical, you may need to spend more money to be assured of driver performance at a particular axis.

Not wishing to disappoint you but given the low price, your test data expectations are high for this section of the driver market.

Cheers

Mark

Last edited by markaudio; 28th February 2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Typo mending
Old 28th February 2010, 06:48 PM   #79
tresch is offline tresch  United States
diyAudio Member

There are thousands of black woofers out there. If I had a choice, I'd buy the white ones!

I'm all about unique designs, and the rest of your line of speakers all have a unique and striking look to them, which in my opinion definitely forms a good chunk of your identity and 'niche.'

The low end of the market could certainly use a sprinkling of variety!
Old 28th February 2010, 09:49 PM   #80
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

I'll have white (but i'm not the target market), and any i treat for people would prefer to start out white, because then they can be any colour.

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!