Google's Booksearch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have you played with Google's Booksearch?

This is a fantastic project: a BIG virtual Library with millions of books scanned from originals. They work with big Universities' Libraries and editors. They plan to reach +/-15million titles. Those books that still have "copy rights" (or whatever the name in english) can be partially viewed but those without are full-text! :)

As an example, I wanted to get Shakespeare's complete works (book) in english to read it side by side with my spanish translation ;) but now I don't need it because I find many originals, full-text, with XIX century versions :bigeyes:

Really, just mark "complete works" or the like and you will be amazed by the treasures there are.

I don't care if Google is looking for global domination, this virtual Library is GREAT!

Regards,
M

I think in the long run it'll be a good thing for book publishers (some of which have been whining and suing Google). I guess there will be some books which are out-of-print yet still under copyright. Maybe Google can negotiate some kind of e-publishing agreement with the copyright holders and then everybody benefits.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.