Freezing Points Of Gelatine And Other Additives In Water

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When I tore my ACL they gave me a 1/2 gallon cooler with a hose connected to a fluid-filled knee wrap. You raise the cooler and the cold water rushes in, you bleed the air out once and then lower the cooler to drain the water back in to cool off with the ice after it gets a bit warm, then raise it again to recharge. Man, I loved that thing.

I agree with the person who said that knee problems on a bike are from a saddle too low. If you raise it too high, you can get back pain and chafing from rocking hips.

I had another surgery and got these flexible gel therapy cooler things - I like them because they are no mess and rechargeable, but they warm up fairly quickly

Long term really cold ice risks frostbite. 32 degree ice water and a thin layer of dry cloth is best to avoid that - especially if your icing session lasts more than 15 minutes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.