Beer drinking in England - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th October 2006, 07:05 PM   #1
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Angry Beer drinking in England

Well, this will put a crimp in one of my favorite pastimes when I'm in England:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...295384,00.html
Old 4th October 2006, 07:40 PM   #2
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

They urgently need to read this:
http://www.arthurdevany.com/archives...05/buns_1.html

/Hugo
Old 4th October 2006, 10:09 PM   #3
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

1st sit to pee, now no drinking while standing... what next?

dave
Old 5th October 2006, 01:55 PM   #4
quasi is offline quasi  Australia
diyAudio Member

Umm...In Oz you will sometimes see blokes assume all 4 beer drinking positions in one night.

1. They start drinking standing up

2. After a couple of hours they assume the sitting (sometimes semi-sitting) position.

and on special nights

3. Attempted drinking whilst they assume the laying down posture. Note: this is rarely successful and is often a token (and messy) gesture.

4. The assisted dragged outside manoeuvre whilst holding beer glass in hand and providing some verbal feedback to the dragging assistants.

Bugga...now I need a drink.

Q
Old 5th October 2006, 09:37 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Drinking posture

My Favorite drinking position

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mirandashotgun.jpg (11.7 KB, 172 views)
Old 6th October 2006, 12:53 AM   #6
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

No worries about that room getting dark
Old 15th October 2006, 03:21 AM   #7
KBK is offline KBK  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Drinking posture

Quote:
Originally posted by auplater
My Favorite drinking position

Dude! Look up "O.R.M.E." on a google search. You might find it interesting. Big subject. Stay with it, you'll eventually find what I speak of, in relation to your chosen 'handle'.
Old 15th October 2006, 02:18 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Drinking posture

Quote:
Originally posted by KBK

Dude! Look up "O.R.M.E." on a google search. You might find it interesting. Big subject. Stay with it, you'll eventually find what I speak of, in relation to your chosen 'handle'.
Well... hope you're not homeopathic....

Problem with this sort of psuedo-research is it's shroud of secrecy and mystery... unverifiable independantly... not for me

As for "proof by plating" there's alot unsaid in the "explanation" given

I'll stick with my own 'trade secrets' and the golden brew I make in 5 gallon batches....

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...+AND+amorphous

John L.
Old 15th October 2006, 03:07 PM   #9
Ron E is offline Ron E  United States
diyAudio Member

ORME:
http://www.halexandria.org/dward466.htm

I love the mystical writing style, words used out of context or strung together into pseudo technical speak. This may be what science seems like to the uneducated. Gotta love the rambling incomplete thoughts all alluding to something, but not demonstrating it.

BTW the only sweet white powder I know of from ancient times is "sugar of lead" and it won't cause you to levitate or live forever, quite the contrary http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_acetate

Interestingly enough, Lead Acetate is the main ingredient in many gradual men's hair coloring tonics ("Grecian Formula, et al...) I saw that a few years ago and asked the guy if he washed his hands after using it - and suggested that he should.... He quit using it altogether.
Old 15th October 2006, 11:59 PM   #10
KBK is offline KBK  Canada
diyAudio Member

Good thing I went for the bald look. Nothing up there to color. Wait a minute. Lots of now whitening chest hair. Damn.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion. This does not, of course, mean one has to observe, or cotton to it.

Dan Sewell Ward, the author of the site is also a Phd Nuclear Physicist. And he does cutting edge work.

Life is not what we imagine it to be, or what comforts our notions of 'correctness'. Leave such leaden fantasies to the ignorant and muddled.

I mentioned the site, in the now obviously feeble hope that one or two of you might find some basic point of interest and human endeavor. Ie, a joyful journey a few steps further down the road. Off into the darkness with ye.

As for demonstrating - the journey is internal and singular. The material world as you know it, even to science today, emphatically does -NOT- exist. The real truth is, and here most 'folks' don't deal with it very well...the one single fact in this reality is:...."You are an entirely non-existent figment of your non-existent imagination."

On the most powerful and truthful levels of science, -this- is the basic truth. The one single fact. All else is fallacy. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

This is why he does not 'spell out' ...'things'. There are no things to spell out. Either the journey is for you, as you seek to have the lightbulb go off in your head, or you rail against it. Not much else to say.

In this case, you are like a cat being grabbed by the middle, and held over a open toilet. And then someone or something flushes the toilet. And your body goes mad, squirming, swimming wildly. Looking for soild ground. Sorry. There is none. Some of us dive right in. We 'get it'. We have an absolute blast. And we grow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Try as I may, I have been, all my life, wholly incapable of understanding why some folks desire to rest their intellect in the things they percieve to already know, to expand their intellect into things they expect to be true (preordained and polarized in specific ways they find acceptable), and to make exactly zero journeys in places and ways that actually teach them something new.

And that, gentlemen, is a very, very, good thing.

And to keep on subject in some fashion or another, I'm going to go and get me a beer.

Hide this!Advertise here!