Beer drinking in England

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Umm...In Oz you will sometimes see blokes assume all 4 beer drinking positions in one night.

1. They start drinking standing up

2. After a couple of hours they assume the sitting (sometimes semi-sitting) position.

and on special nights

3. Attempted drinking whilst they assume the laying down posture. Note: this is rarely successful and is often a token (and messy) gesture.

4. The assisted dragged outside manoeuvre whilst holding beer glass in hand and providing some verbal feedback to the dragging assistants.

Bugga...now I need a drink.

Q

Drinking posture

My Favorite drinking position

:devilr: :p

Attachments

• mirandashotgun.jpg
    mirandashotgun.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 222
Re: Re: Drinking posture

KBK said:

Dude! Look up "O.R.M.E." on a google search. You might find it interesting. Big subject. Stay with it, you'll eventually find what I speak of, in relation to your chosen 'handle'. ;)

Well... hope you're not homeopathic.... :whazzat:

Problem with this sort of psuedo-research is it's shroud of secrecy and mystery... unverifiable independantly... not for me

As for "proof by plating" there's alot unsaid in the "explanation" given :rolleyes:

I'll stick with my own 'trade secrets' and the golden brew I make in 5 gallon batches....:devilr:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...+AND+amorphous&RS=Lichtenberger+AND+amorphous

John L.

ORME:
http://www.halexandria.org/dward466.htm

I love the mystical writing style, words used out of context or strung together into pseudo technical speak. This may be what science seems like to the uneducated. Gotta love the rambling incomplete thoughts all alluding to something, but not demonstrating it.

BTW the only sweet white powder I know of from ancient times is "sugar of lead" and it won't cause you to levitate or live forever, quite the contrary ;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_acetate

Interestingly enough, Lead Acetate is the main ingredient in many gradual men's hair coloring tonics ("Grecian Formula, et al...) I saw that a few years ago and asked the guy if he washed his hands after using it - and suggested that he should.... He quit using it altogether.

Good thing I went for the bald look. Nothing up there to color. Wait a minute. Lots of now whitening chest hair. Damn.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion. This does not, of course, mean one has to observe, or cotton to it.

Dan Sewell Ward, the author of the site is also a Phd Nuclear Physicist. And he does cutting edge work.

Life is not what we imagine it to be, or what comforts our notions of 'correctness'. Leave such leaden fantasies to the ignorant and muddled. :)

I mentioned the site, in the now obviously feeble hope that one or two of you might find some basic point of interest and human endeavor. Ie, a joyful journey a few steps further down the road. Off into the darkness with ye.

As for demonstrating - the journey is internal and singular. The material world as you know it, even to science today, emphatically does -NOT- exist. The real truth is, and here most 'folks' don't deal with it very well...the one single fact in this reality is:...."You are an entirely non-existent figment of your non-existent imagination."

On the most powerful and truthful levels of science, -this- is the basic truth. The one single fact. All else is fallacy. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

This is why he does not 'spell out' ...'things'. There are no things to spell out. Either the journey is for you, as you seek to have the lightbulb go off in your head, or you rail against it. Not much else to say. :xeye:

In this case, you are like a cat being grabbed by the middle, and held over a open toilet. And then someone or something flushes the toilet. And your body goes mad, squirming, swimming wildly. Looking for soild ground. Sorry. There is none. Some of us dive right in. We 'get it'. We have an absolute blast. And we grow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Try as I may, I have been, all my life, wholly incapable of understanding why some folks desire to rest their intellect in the things they percieve to already know, to expand their intellect into things they expect to be true (preordained and polarized in specific ways they find acceptable), and to make exactly zero journeys in places and ways that actually teach them something new.

And that, gentlemen, is a very, very, good thing.

And to keep on subject in some fashion or another, I'm going to go and get me a beer.

What the F???

KBK said:
Good thing I went for the bald look. Nothing up there to color. Wait a minute. Lots of now whitening chest hair. Damn.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion. This does not, of course, mean one has to observe, or cotton to it.

Dan Sewell Ward, the author of the site is also a Phd Nuclear Physicist. And he does cutting edge work.

Life is not what we imagine it to be, or what comforts our notions of 'correctness'. Leave such leaden fantasies to the ignorant and muddled. :)

I mentioned the site, in the now obviously feeble hope that one or two of you might find some basic point of interest and human endeavor. Ie, a joyful journey a few steps further down the road. Off into the darkness with ye.

As for demonstrating - the journey is internal and singular. The material world as you know it, even to science today, emphatically does -NOT- exist. The real truth is, and here most 'folks' don't deal with it very well...the one single fact in this reality is:...."You are an entirely non-existent figment of your non-existent imagination."

On the most powerful and truthful levels of science, -this- is the basic truth. The one single fact. All else is fallacy. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

This is why he does not 'spell out' ...'things'. There are no things to spell out. Either the journey is for you, as you seek to have the lightbulb go off in your head, or you rail against it. Not much else to say. :xeye:

In this case, you are like a cat being grabbed by the middle, and held over a open toilet. And then someone or something flushes the toilet. And your body goes mad, squirming, swimming wildly. Looking for soild ground. Sorry. There is none. Some of us dive right in. We 'get it'. We have an absolute blast. And we grow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Try as I may, I have been, all my life, wholly incapable of understanding why some folks desire to rest their intellect in the things they percieve to already know, to expand their intellect into things they expect to be true (preordained and polarized in specific ways they find acceptable), and to make exactly zero journeys in places and ways that actually teach them something new.

And that, gentlemen, is a very, very, good thing.

And to keep on subject in some fashion or another, I'm going to go and get me a beer.

Sounds like you passing ad hominem judgement on my position now doesn't it... I merely stated my perspective... based on my own "horizon of knowledge"...

You OTOH, don't seem to profess a "horizon of knowledge" choosing to believe mythical constructs and irelevant babblings.. from people who ought to know better

Wow.!! a PHD in nucular (sic) physics... now I'm really impressed...
his knowledge base seems somewhat suspect, I think ...must not have sunk in...

I INVENTED an electroplating process for radioactive technetium in 1976... not that you'd have any understanding of that sort of way out thinking or its ramifications... since I guess for you inventing things that previously did not exist or have no obvious use to the lay public has no meaning for you...

too bad... not intersted in prosyletization about the fantasy world of monoatomic bs...

at least this is an off topic thread so hopefully it won't end up in the sin bin...

Off to rack another 5 gallons of non-existant APA....mmmmmm

John L.

I do realize after the fact that I was doing such. apologies. but..you know....a constant battle. In this case, with the general ignorance of the subject. Or just about any subject I seem to get deeply immersed in. Always fighting a battle of wills based on ignorance, in some form or another.

cool. I don't like being ignorant, so regale me, as the dude in the film said.

Regale on the electroplating, that is. If it's possible. Day's half over, and I haven't learned anything new yet. And I actually AM quite interested.

I like drinking my beer sitting down. It's closer to the floor. So the no standing ban don't bother me.

Monatomics, for example, are showing themselves to be about 6% of all matter on the earth, that went previously unrecognized, due to the testing proceedures and methods. They are improperly identified by their 'trace' 'elements' that they mix with. Think about that. 6% of all matter, previously 'unknown'. Emphatically not BS. Pure, 100%, cutting edge physics. it just seems crazy on the first look, as did every single thing in science, of any substance - as seen from the eyes of the past.

Englehard, for example, has spent MILLIONS researching monatomics. In gold mining circles, for example, monatomic gold is fully recognized for 100's of years,as the 'ghost gold' found when smelting. THe monatomics have superdeformed electron paths, and are ceramic superconductors (due to electron orbit spacing and contact). They are fully documented in scientific circles. The science of 'monatomics' is JUST beginning to emerge. For example, the monatomic gold is ~4000x more common than gold. Another clue: The bank of England has dumped alll of it's gold reserves, on the heels of these new discoveries. A Full and complete devaluation of the metals market is liklely, in the future. I mention these things as you seem to play with gold. I'm not knocking you at all, the xact opposite - I'm trying to do you a 'solid'.

Other sources of info

KBK said:
I do realize after the fact that I was doing such. apologies. but..you know....a constant battle. In this case, with the general ignorance of the subject. Or just about any subject I seem to get deeply immersed in. Always fighting a battle of wills based on ignorance, in some form or another.

cool. I don't like being ignorant, so regale me, as the dude in the film said.

Regale on the electroplating, that is. If it's possible. Day's half over, and I haven't learned anything new yet. And I actually AM quite interested.

I like drinking my beer sitting down. It's closer to the floor. So the no standing ban don't bother me.

Monatomics, for example, are showing themselves to be about 6% of all matter on the earth, that went previously unrecognized, due to the testing proceedures and methods. They are improperly identified by their 'trace' 'elements' that they mix with. Think about that. 6% of all matter, previously 'unknown'. Emphatically not BS. Pure, 100%, cutting edge physics. it just seems crazy on the first look, as did every single thing in science, of any substance - as seen from the eyes of the past.

Englehard, for example, has spent MILLIONS researching monatomics. In gold mining circles, for example, monatomic gold is fully recognized for 100's of years,as the 'ghost gold' found when smelting. THe monatomics have superdeformed electron paths, and are ceramic superconductors (due to electron orbit spacing and contact). They are fully documented in scientific circles. The science of 'monatomics' is JUST beginning to emerge. For example, the monatomic gold is ~4000x more common than gold. Another clue: The bank of England has dumped alll of it's gold reserves, on the heels of these new discoveries. A Full and complete devaluation of the metals market is liklely, in the future. I mention these things as you seem to play with gold. I'm not knocking you at all, the xact opposite - I'm trying to do you a 'solid'.

ya know... I might buy into some of this stuff it it weren't written like the "Trials of Narnia" or something from "Hogwarts Academy"...

seems if monatomic gold is "known in scientific circles", it's use as a superconductor would be prevalent... conversion from "monoatomic" form to metallic state would be a windfall to the sharks and profiteers of the world ....

I've produced green gold films at atomic thicknesses... fully defined by standard physics principals... not sure why/where such mystical representations are necessary.... trust me I have quite an open mind to stuff that hasn't been proven b4, but.... there has to be accountability and reproducibilty documented to convince skeptics such as myself who've had to bear the consequences of previous fantastic claims.

So... where's the peer review references? Too many transcendant thinkers out there for this to NOT be "known and published in established scientific circles" if it's real

John L.

As I said, it's too new. THe way you speak, you likely understand the thing about revolutions taking a lifetime or thereabouts, but when looked at as ancient history, their tale might seem very 'sudden'. When in reality, it might be 40 years.

We are at the genesis of this stuff. It will be quite some time before it becomes established.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.