Threadjacking

"I gaze at the brilliant full moon. The same one, I think to myself, at which Socrates, Aristotle, and Plato gazed. Suddenly, I imagine they appear beside me. I tell Socrates about the national debate over one's right to die and wonder at the constancy of the human condition. I tell Plato that I live in the country that has come the closest to Utopia, and I show him a copy of the Constitution. I tell Aristotle that we have found many more than four basic elements and I show him a periodic table. I get a box of kitchen matches and strike one. They gasp with wonder. We spend the rest of the night lighting farts."

Cal Weldon said:
How do I scratch my foot without removing my boot?

New Thread?

Attachments

• 1244_yoda_cattle_running_away_in_bunratty.jpg
    1244_yoda_cattle_running_away_in_bunratty.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 132
Just to see who's out there, I did a search. A odd place to search for it, but hey, considering the crowd,..er..not really. Not unexpected. What did I search for? Salvia Divinorum. And the next guy who searches, will find this.

What is it? It is this: :wiz:

Comparatively, for most of you, currently you exist as this: :drool: :bfold:

As for your current understanding of the true state of reality, it will do this: :headshot:

Are you strong enough to look? :mischiev:

Interestingly enough, everyone has components of the experience, which are identical. That's right. identical. Either the thing is programmed, or the doorway is real. Take your pick - but either will break you down.

Now figure that out. No logic applies, except the experience itself.

This is non-linear. Logic does not apply, in the sense of 'science', as most attempt to apply it. This is 'other-dimensional', 'other-reality'. Time is not linear. Existence is neither central or specific. Everything is all, and nothing is anything. There. are. no. rules.

Time, in fact, does not exist, that ....is a monkey-boy creation. Check your reality you know, at the door, for it will not serve you here. For afterward, you will not think, or feel the same, ever again. This..this is shaman central. Grand Central Shaman Station.

For some of you, it would be mind changing beyond belief. For some of you, it would be total breakdown, for it is the breakdown of reality itself, as you tend to think of it being. There are no facts, as you know them. This shows that -- and clearly. I was excited, as it did not show me anything I did not know...but it showed me that there was a way of showing others, that which I have known and understood - since I was a young child. There is not even remotely the possibility of words here. Pandora's box. And the bottom will fall completely out. And all possibility and impossibility will emerge. There is no difference. 'You' are the limit, not the universe, or 'your' reach within - or without it. What you like to call reality, is only a tiny corner of existence. As Buckminster Fuller said, "99.9999% of what exists, is beyond your senses". If that is true...then increase the extent of your senses.

Another way to think of it, is that the current physical expression of 'you', is what maintains, controls, and and stabilizes 'you' within this 'framework' - that 'you' like to call 'reality'. Break that control or framework - shear it from it's moorings for a short while.....and exactly....what, do you get? What do you remember....and what do you bring back?

Once again, how strong are you? Don't cling too hard to that reality...

Are you strong enough to look? :mischiev:

Not high, it's not that at all, in the final analysis. Not many other choices for words in the current lexicon of mundane nomenclature. So it will have to do, however inappropriate it is.

It certainly isn't a casual thing to take a puff of, while driving the car home from work. Nor is it something that most will care to repeat, if they make it that far.

Bear with me, as I might get a bit esoteric for some folk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What it seems to do, is rip the spirit from the body, and cast that spirit, which is floundering in unfamiliar waters, willy-nilly through time, lives, realities, dimensions, etc. For a unprepared spirit has no way of controlling what it does not know. Literally a fish out of water. So, experiences vary, and vary according to one's level of experience or control. Congratulations! You will have been psychically waterboarded! But, by your own inexperience, nothing more.

It bypasses either the natural talent for it, or the lifetime of learning the art, and just throws you in the deep end, so to speak. Have fun! It forces the experience, it is not natural, which is why it can be so very, very frightening.

One hopefully humorus way of equating it is to say: Imagine you are a overweight, boring, and sedintary accountant in a southwestern town in the USA that has never seen snow, you've never been to a bar after 11pm, you've never driven your car over 60mph, you don't even watch odd tv, etc. A incredibly boring life. You are sitting at your desk, doing boring work...

...And suddenly...WHAM! You find yourself on a set of ski's in Norway, whipping down a 45 dergee slope at over 70 mph, with a machine gun in each hand, fighting off bombs and bad guys.

It's an analogy, not what happens. The tear in what you expect reality to be is the trick of the explaination, and the change is abrupt and huge. Excpet for one thing. You are TORN from your moorings by the effects of the plant. Not 'flashed', and it is NOT pleasant. It is forced.

That isn't likely to turn out very well. Then the channel changes again. Very abruptly. But only sometimes.

And there is not the slightest chance that it is your subconcious, or what some like to call 'dreams'. That, you will know with certainty.

Take some salvia, you'll soon forget, or maybe you will imagine you are 'one' with the shoe. For a lifetime. Maybe even the gourd. For two lifetimes.

Or just go to a public place, and stomp your foot.

Oh yes, the onset of the effects is almost like someone stepping up behind you with a shotgun ..and.. right against the head...BLAM!

The body does not like this.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Drug abuse is usually a symptom of personal unhappiness and inability to cope with the real world. I know, I've been there and come out of the other side. I changed the aspects of my life that were not right, and since then have had no need to induce a false sense of escapist euphoria from abusing my brain chemistry. All this nonsense about giving a different perception on the world is merely a reflection of the drug taker's insecurities.

pinkmouse said:
Drug abuse is usually a symptom of personal unhappiness and inability to cope with the real world. I know, I've been there and come out of the other side. I changed the aspects of my life that were not right, and since then have had no need to induce a false sense of escapist euphoria from abusing my brain chemistry. All this nonsense about giving a different perception on the world is merely a reflection of the drug taker's insecurities.

:angel:

since then have had no need to induce a false sense of escapist euphoria from abusing my brain chemistry.

I prefer inducing a real sense of escapist euphoria when abusing my brain chemistry. Saaaaay.... wasn't it you with whom I consumed about a dozen pints of bitters? I have to say that after the fourth or fifth one, your Yorkshire accent became somewhat more comprehensible.

"I'm high all right, but not with false drugs- I'm high on the REAL thing: powerful gasoline, a clean windshield, and a shoeshine! Over!"- Pastor Rod Flash