Threadjacking - Page 194 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th December 2013, 05:54 PM   #1931
diyAudio Member

Some people are intolerant and can't thrive on a diet containing plants from the nightshade family, as well as other plants that have their own chemical defenses. Chronic inflammation prevents joints from repairing properly, so some people have to go on an anti-inflammatory diet to relieve joint pain. Like you say, it depends on how the body accepts it. Some ethnicities have the genes to digest these plants.

Yes, the antacids are bad. You may have hypochlorhydria and the antacids can make it worse. Under hypochlorhydria the way the body reacts to foods can change completely. Nightshades and other mildly inflammatory plants become more than just an irritation. The acid is needed to sterilize food. Else, imagine throwing your dinner into a blender, drooling in it and leaving it at 98.6F for 4 hours. This has been affectionately been referred to as a rotting mass of chyme. The gut needs food to be sterile or else you'll suffer an upper GI bacterial infection. This can lead to a Candida infection, which can be nearly impossible to get rid of, and causes your gut to poison you constantly.

Sometimes it only takes a bout of severe sickness to knock out HCl production in the stomach. Once that happens, your body cannot digest the nutrients it needs to produce stomach acid, so food sinks like a rock in your stomach. Unless HCL is supplemented a person may be stuck in a malnourished, inflamed condition riddled with medical issues. People who undergo this crash when young may think it's normal and blame themselves for feeling terrible and lethargic all the time, or not being able to think clearly. Actually, if you're anything but energetic and ready for anything, you probably have ill health holding you down.

Some people just don't realize how terrible they feel, because they feel that way all the time.
Old 5th December 2013, 10:16 PM   #1932
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keantoken View Post
Candida infection, <snip> and causes your gut to poison you constantly.
Not to mention, it turns you into a fart factory.
Quote:
Some people just don't realize how terrible they feel, because they feel that way all the time.
Amen.
Old 6th December 2013, 05:32 AM   #1933
diyAudio Member

i know if i don't eat red meat regularly i get very cranky... and weird.... i saw a study done by nutritionists a while back, and it's related to blood type. one of the chemical effects of blood type relates to how well your body manufactures carnitine. people with type A blood manufacture their own carnitine, even if they live solely on vegetables, and at the other end of the spectrum is type O.... where the manufacture of carnitine does not happen... i'm type O, and without a source of carnitine (i.e. red meat) in my diet, i don't function very well... i know people who are type O, and vegetarians, and they are cranky almost all the time... i'm not knocking vegetarians, just vegetarians whose body needs enzymes like carnitine, and refuse to face the facts of their body chemistry.... what do i tell them? "you need to sit down to eat a nice juicy steak"?.... well, i try to phrase it a bit more diplomatically, but that's what it boils down to.... there are probably other things in red meat that type O people need in their diet, but carnitine is the most important, because it balances against other chemicals in the brain chemistry, which if left to run wild can cause mental instability... just my .02....
Old 6th December 2013, 05:46 AM   #1934
benb is offline benb  United States
diyAudio Member

Science! Merriam-Webster?s Word of the Year: ?Science? | Mental Floss
Old 6th December 2013, 06:20 PM   #1935
diyAudio Member

Cooked meat and animal fats from animals fed their natural diet (not grains or corn) are actually more nutritious than even "superfood" plants, and are easier to digest, not to mention organ meats.

L-carnitine is found mostly in red meats and is necessary to transport fats into cells to be burned for fuel. The heart uses exclusively fats for fuel, which is why it is covered in a fatty sheath. So if a deficiency of something is affecting your brain, it's possibly affecting other important organs as well.

It has actually been found that as you are sleeping, your body needs to have a steady supply of energy. But, digestion slows during sleep. At this point it only has 2 options: burn fat or burn muscle. You can lose up to 2/3 lb of lean muscle during sleep every day if your body is not able to transition to burning fats. Even worse, it's not our skeletal muscles that get eaten first, it's our internal organs. So many people are actually starving in their sleep even if they eat well, and even if they are obese.
Old 7th December 2013, 10:20 PM   #1936
diyAudio Member

Many times worse than war.
http://tinyurl.com/mv6jnwf
Old 10th December 2013, 03:50 AM   #1937
diyAudio Member

Hey, I am looking for a non-microcontroller 3-phase motor driver. I want to try this out on a hard drive motor. There are tons of examples, but I'm looking for one that uses feedback from the back-EMF, rather than just guessing where the spindle is. Any ideas?

I've just finished making an equivalent model in LTSpice that seems to be working right. I'm surprised I was even able to figure that out.

I find it interesting to consider that to the driver circuit, the motor coil actually appears electrically like a resonator at a factor of the motor RPM, but a varying frequency resonator.
Old 31st December 2013, 06:47 AM   #1938
diyAudio Member

Location: kansas city mo, and on occasion, around the world ...

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11th January 2014, 04:52 AM   #1939
diyAudio Member

Last edited by tomtt; 11th January 2014 at 05:04 AM.
Old 11th January 2014, 08:23 AM   #1940
diyAudio Member

Hide this!Advertise here!