Threadjacking - Page 101 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th July 2007, 02:45 AM   #1001
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Okay Ken,
Just how are you going to top that??

-Chris
Old 28th July 2007, 02:52 AM   #1002
KBK is offline KBK  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jlsem
A dynamo won't run away if you don't add energy to it.

John

Ok then. I'll psychically and existentially 'grok' it's ethereal field..and then concentrate lightly on the oneness of nothing. And try not to add any energy to it.

Failing that, I'll just chain it to a post in the back yard.
Old 28th July 2007, 02:58 AM   #1003
diyAudio Member

Audio cables will be forthcoming in a month or so. One of the most well known people in the audio cable business from the past, has come out of retirement for consideration of the US distribution.

It won't quite top that one, thankfully. But if anyone pays attention to my posts, note what I said about them (cables). The basics of electrical theory have not been violated, but, in all seriousness, they most defintely will need to be reconsidered and re-thought.

On a different topic:
Ah yes, maybe you guys might find this weird. No matter what the heck it turns out to be. Google 'Fulford ultimatum', and about 7-8 items down will be the interview (one of two).

Interesting to say the least. If true (always debatable), it would likely be the most important point of change in several millenia. And then you could say you were there, right at the original moment.
Old 28th July 2007, 03:50 AM   #1004
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valveitude

Well ya. A Timothy Leary style pharmaceutical with an orange juice chaser, and your there

That particular substance is on record, multiple times, for increasing the IQ scores of people by 20%, on average. During their 'excursion' of course. It poses ZERO harm to the human body and mind, it enlightens and increases cranial capacity.

Proven. Fact.

That means, of course, that if you start with, oh, a 160 score, you go up by ~32 points! Whoo hoo! 195....here's we comes!
Old 28th July 2007, 05:10 AM   #1005
maxro is offline maxro  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KBK
That particular substance is on record, multiple times, for increasing the IQ scores of people by 20%, on average.
I had a friend in high school who was known to drop acid before math exams. I don't think that's why he got an A, but I guess I'll never know.
Old 28th July 2007, 02:51 PM   #1006
diyAudio Member

Quote:
It poses ZERO harm to the human body and mind...
R-i-g-h-t...other than those that have forgot about the laws of physics, only to discover that gravity works at the end of there flying off high places, or that the mass of the truck truly is greater than theirs after attempting to stop it, or the people that had a physiological anomaly that couldn't handle the "walls" coming down in their mind, spending the rest of their lives in a rubber room, or....

I thought that it was self evident that my comment was in jest..guess not. Yes, I have "been" there...got the T-shirt. No, I do not recommend it.

Casey
Old 28th July 2007, 03:19 PM   #1007
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KBK

On a different topic:
Ah yes, maybe you guys might find this weird. No matter what the heck it turns out to be. Google 'Fulford ultimatum', and about 7-8 items down will be the interview (one of two).

Interesting to say the least. If true (always debatable), it would likely be the most important point of change in several millenia. And then you could say you were there, right at the original moment.
I always thought the "club' in 'Eyes Wide Shut' chanted in backwards speech. I'm surprised no one ever analysed it (maybe I missed it/should do it myself).

I also confirm burakumin are a no.1 taboo in Japan, from personal experience a real show stopper. Interesting considering the Japanese version of GI Joe. I won't elaborate lest we invoke Godwin's Law and have to close this thread.

I'll read more when I have more time.
Old 2nd August 2007, 01:32 PM   #1008
Geoff H is offline Geoff H  Australia
diyAudio Member

Originally posted by KBK
That particular substance is on record, multiple times, for increasing the IQ scores of people by 20%, on average.

Not on my record. Funny that. I was talking with a friend last week, who used to abuse his system with such stuff. He claims it does increase your ability to analyse things quickly, often the basis of IQ tests. In real life, where the ability is more useful, it doesn't apply. He figures the brain is racing too hard analysing existing information to acknowledge events as they occur.
Old 3rd August 2007, 03:09 AM   #1009
diyAudio Member

More than likely, true enough. It fits my personal experience/model of it's activity on the ole' bean.

But if I stick to the middle road, everyone agrees, and there is no discussion. That's boring.

valvedude: I'm not recalling any jumping off cliffs while partaking. They'd have to peel me from the underside of the couch first.

Another point in/on the subject. Recently, it has been found that within 20,000 year old human habitation records..have shown..the cultivation and use of weed.

My mother, for example, gave it a shot, and well, let's say: never again. Some aren't suited for it.

Shaman have been using such things for ..well..millenia. Untold ones, at that.

People with the ability to think outside the box that their head constitutes... will ask themselves exactly why that is. And those of clear sight...will be able to formulate a more correct answer to that poser.

Some like the rollercoaster for the pure animalistic rush. I dig it for the adrenaline too. But having the basic cranial grunt to make something out of the intense neural firing is key to getting anything useful out of it. There are other ways to enact the same response, safer ones, like meditation. For example, if one is normally at a so called 'IQ' of , oh, 170-180..then.. the ~ 20% increase, can give a fleeting look into a 'IQ' of ~205-220. And THAT's sumthin.

But here's a point.. the mind fires on all cylinders possible under that intensity. It can and many times does bring about some pretty interesting steroscopic viewpoints that many not ever be accessible via any other means.

For example, the guy who discovered DNA, was totally wacked on LSD when he did it.

Edit: I red my post and realized it gave the impression I am, at the age of 43, still indulging. Not so. I gave it up before the age of 20. Three day rides..... go up on the first, down on the second and the third day to recover...well...that's a bit taxing. Leave it to the young. (for the most part )
Old 3rd August 2007, 03:30 AM   #1010
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Ken,
I found that weed was very hard on short term memory. Also made my hands shake for a coupe days afterwards. I didn't even inhale! Honest!

The buzz was not worth the price paid later.

Once, a real nice guy laced some joints with chemicals. I'll never forget the physical vibration and everything else that went with it. Never found out what is was (definitely not hash or oil). He was not welcome near us ever again. What a Moron!

One thing is clear though. Anyone on drugs are convinced that they are brilliant.

-Chris

Hide this!Advertise here!