What would you do if you were President - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 19th May 2006, 02:44 AM   #1
VvvvvV is offline VvvvvV  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default What would you do if you were President

I was going to make a website recently when I got very stoned that was going to save the world -I was completely off my face at the time.

it was going to talk about how humans have moved around and been shaped and divided by mountains and seas over thousands and thousands of years, but that now we are all potentially linked to within about half the second of each other through our control over the material world.

The day will come when we can all speak together and decide upon everything like one global village, and we will be able to run all kinds of virtual worlds in computers until we find the one which works the best. the question is how to do it faster and how do you think it will happen when it does eventually happen?

Google is a good start and so is the Internet, one day all these things will be linked to how we have our own control over the world. We will all be the President and the Prime Minister together.

Next time there is a global consciousness movement like the 60s and everyone gets a bit mixed up, and at the same time there is a massively powerful Internet decision-making website going on, we will all have a say in it. perhaps it might be in 20 years time perhaps in 200 but the day will come. The thing is actually making the decision-making website and getting enough information in one place so that people can come together and vote on things in a good way and make things grow by themselves takes quite a lot of knowledge, anyone think that's insane or what should be said of it?

For example one thing to do might be to start a website where everyone gives in details about what they think the value of money is and what they think should be done in terms of food and shelter clothes and power-sharing and all that, and get another team of people to get all the millions of data on what people think of clothes and shelter and money and put it in some computer models and then compare the computer models.

Any contributions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 26th May 2006, 02:13 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

While I do, Truly hope that "One Day" we all can move forward as "One People".....I know that that is not going to happen ANYTIME in Our lifetime(s). In fact, I'm not really sure it is possible for EVERYONE to get along well enough. After all who decides what is "Proper" behavior?

Man is, after all, still just slightly removed from the wild.

One only has to place peaceful, happy people in the right set of circumstances to have them quickly revert back to Our savage roots. It's not a bad thing, just a "True" thing.

I don't want to be in a life or death situation with "Captain Peacefull"....Nor do I want to be attempting avoiding someone trying to do me harm with "I'll Kick Your Butt!" Man either!

Look at all of the research done about putting people together. If you stick enough people together in a finite space, sooner or later (I'm betting the former!) they start to crack.

Add to that the 5%-9% of the population that are "Miss-wired" in the head from birth (Child molesters, serial killers, mentally insane, Etc.) no matter what society they are from, and It's not looking good.

At our "Base" level, we are ALL still the wild savage. Until that is gone, I don't see your utopia becoming anything close to reality. Sad but truthfull.........

Tall Shadow

Old 26th May 2006, 02:18 PM   #3
diyAudio Moderator

Hmm, a political thread.

Bye, bye.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!