not audio- why do sportscasters ruin the suspense?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not audio related- but just wondering

Why is it when watching the news or sports highlights that the newscaster or sportscaster gives the result of the play away moments before you actually see this on the video?

like you are watching a guy shoot at the goal and the announcer says that he scores right before he actually does on the video? It ruins the suspense of the highlight or other video clip that is being shown.

This must be a journalistic technique since I see it everywhere (not just sports) and it really is bugging me!

My favorite is the Clueless Rattlejaw doing the play by play.

"Hanrahatty is a terrific quarterback but like a lot of left-handed quarterbacks, he has trouble throwing across his body to the right."

QB immediately completes a frozen rope to the tight end on the right side.

With barely a pause for breath, "That's just a great catch from the tight end Parker. Before the game, the coach was telling me that they were going to really work the ball to him much more than they usually do. They're going with their strength, the short pass."

QB runs a perfect draw.

"That's their secret, establishing the running game. And you can only do that if you're a deep passing threat."

Are you kiddin'? The '49ers are RELIGION around here!

Every Sunday during the season, The Stupids fire up the kitchen stove, break out the bottles, and settle in for some serious disappointment. Generally, by halftime, we've killed the TV sound and substituted music to go with the game. "Tarkus" is particularly good for this use. Yesterday, we took it easy- five courses, eight bottles, two games, three people.

I invited Variac once, but I think the concept scared him.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.