50% gas saving and cut global waming? A proposed real solution? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th March 2005, 06:50 PM   #1
KBK is offline KBK  Canada
diyAudio Member

Exclamation 50% gas saving and cut global waming? A proposed real solution?

http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/Firestorm.html

And the Robert Krupa website:

http://www.robertstanley.biz/firestorm.htm
Old 19th March 2005, 07:43 PM   #2
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I fixed your link.

I'll leave evaluation of this latest miracle to others.
Old 26th March 2005, 03:14 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

It's suprising how few people give a damn. Frightening, actually. Pathetically apathetic.
Old 26th March 2005, 03:50 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

It's not that we don't care; this is just more snake oil bunk. He almost knows enough to fool a half dozen people.
Old 29th March 2005, 02:38 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I refuse to 'off the cuff' believe your simplistic 'remark'. You've got along way to go before I believe that he is full of it. The human animal is far to likely to stop looking after you have uttered a negative, instead of taking a good long hard look,and looking at the issues involved themselves. Just like I said. Lazy, pathetic, apathetic, etc. Far, far, far more than they are pro-active.

Nothing personal dude, but he's got a website, has put in the effort, and has some very good backing and credible names.

All you've got is ....calling him 'retarded'.

I'm supposed to believe you?

I don't think so.

prove him wrong, the onus is on you at this point, in my mind at least. Where's your background in the science of sparkplug design?
Old 29th March 2005, 03:01 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I personally have far better things to do with my time than debunk every crack pot that has a website.

He has a website, so everything he says is true, aye.

I'm sure GM will have him killed to shut him up. After all, we all know that none of the auto manufacturers would want to make a car that easily complied with emissions standards without egr systems, air injection pumps, and catalytic converters. Then they would be able to drop their price by $2000/car (or up their margin by $2000/car) and have an unfair market advantage of offering a car with a 500HP motor that got 60MPG @ 70MPH and could do a 12 sec 1/4 mile.

If you believe, loan the guy your grandmothers life savings to help finance his new manufacturing facility.

I don't mean to pi$$ anyone off, but he's trying to tell you he can get something for nothing. The problem with the internal combustion engine is the laws of thermodynamics that can't be overcome with a better sparkplug. The huge majority of the energy released by burning gasoline is waisted in heating the air ingested by the engine from 70 degF to 1500 degF and releasing it to the atmosphere.
Old 29th March 2005, 07:23 PM   #7
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

You know KBK,

I must say that I'm not going to agree with Mr Donaldson's opinion on a lot of previously discussed issues, but in this case I believe his nose flipping at another auotmotive "miracle" to be well founded. I wish it were true but in this case I think your naivety is showing. Wouldn't it be nice if there was some credibilty in this new plug. I hope to be proven wrong but I see it as the same old, same old and I don't blame Brian for telling you so.

Quote:
Originally posted by KBK
Pathetically apathetic.
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally posted by KBK
Just like I said. Lazy, pathetic, apathetic
Hmm again

Quote:
[i]Nothing personal dude [/B]
Nothing personal dude but if you want to be taken seriously, go back to your dictionary before spouting out these beauties.

Cal
Old 30th March 2005, 05:58 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

instead of fiddling about how to best combust a diminishing resource, why not start seriously thinking to find a way to establish a hydrogen infrastructur and use the true and tried combustion engine to do the energy conversion instead the fairly inefficient fuelcell technology which is still in its infancy and rather expensive.
Luckily BMW got the drift, and converting the engine.
Canada with enough hydro-power would be able to combine both to start hydrogen production in earnest.
Old 30th March 2005, 10:51 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

The problem is still the efficiency of the internal combustion engine. ( if I remeber right, somewhere around 15% )
Old 30th March 2005, 11:38 AM   #10
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by audio-kraut
instead of fiddling about how to best combust a diminishing resource, why not start seriously thinking to find a way to establish a hydrogen infrastructur and use the true and tried combustion engine to do the energy conversion instead the fairly inefficient fuelcell technology which is still in its infancy and rather expensive.
Luckily BMW got the drift, and converting the engine.
Canada with enough hydro-power would be able to combine both to start hydrogen production in earnest.
Where does the hydrogen come from? I swear, I'd love to slap around a few dumb politicians while screaming, " Second Law! Second Law!"

Hide this!Advertise here!