If tomorrow there's canadian election... - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 12th March 2005, 06:39 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Money went out of Montreal when pq was first elected not went bloc québécois was. Even virtuel money went out off quebec: brinks convoy went to Toronto...to scare people from Quebec.

Bloc québécois want to sell quebec ressource to american interest? Wow, where did you found that one...really funny!!!

Bloc Québécois is in Ottawa first to defend the quebec minority among Canada against Ottawa. Second to defend alla canadian against to federal governement if that defend Québec interest.They are doing a good job and most québécois keep voting for them.

Bc was there for: unemployment insurance, "déséquilibre fiscal"( don't know how to say it in english)refert to gomery commission, etc...

p.s when you use the term arborigen, what are you refering to?

Old 12th March 2005, 06:48 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
p.s when you use the term arborigen, what are you refering to?
I would venture he meant what you might call the "non white" original possessors of all the lands in "la belle provence".

Quote:
Bloc Québécois is in Ottawa first to defend the quebec minority among Canada against Ottawa
To defend WHAT? Through living in canada for twenty five years - as a citizen for most of that time - i have followed the "aspirations of the people of quebec for all that time.
By now i am ready to agree to let them go their own bloody way without even a twitch if that sorrow theme of separation comes up again.
IMHO they have overstayed their welcome within the federation of canada should they ever bring that up again in a referendum - good by and god speed.

Old 12th March 2005, 06:58 PM   #13
KBK is offline KBK  Canada
diyAudio Member

Take a close lookat the economics and the politics of the 'seven rivers project'. Who financed it, who benefits, what it's ideas for continuing or expanding it are, etc. Not that I disagree with you concerning the effectiveness of the Bloc - for Quebec. I'm listening!

As for the numbers of Ukranians, it comes from this friend, who is a child of the person who survived, and he (the child of the survivor) is also a historian. Not that I have any reason to doubt your number of two million, but I have even less reason to doubt his credibility in reporting the number of 20M. This person, has nver, ever steered me wrong in the slightest, in any way.

So, I wonder the reason for this difference in figures.At this point, I am far more likely to feel (feel, is the word, as at this point, none of us are likely to be privy to anything like a 'hard fact') that your number of 2M is the wrong number.

Old 12th March 2005, 07:07 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

http://www.newsweekly.com.au/article...n28_cover.html

Guess we were both wrong. But - i do not want to play the numbers game, just to be careful with those numbers. It doesn't matter to the victims after all.

Quote:
A "revised" census was published in 1939 - this time, with grossly inflated population figures. But even this revealed that roughly 10 per cent of the Soviet population was statistically missing, i.e., some 15 million victims of Stalin's reign of terror.
Quote:
whose wartime losses amounted to 5-6 million dead. (The Independent, December 29, 1987)
referring to ukranian losses.

Old 12th March 2005, 07:21 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

10000000, 200000000. 2 persons... is still to many live ruin by one political system, be it, american, canadian, soviet, israely, muslim...

Old 12th March 2005, 08:05 PM   #16
diyAudio Moderator

Sorry guys, but this is nothing to do with audio, so I'm closing it down.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!