"....This is not a Dream.... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th February 2005, 07:58 AM   #1
KBK is offline KBK  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default "....This is not a Dream....

.....We are using your brain's electrical system as a reciever.
We are unable to transmit due to conscious neural interference. You are recieving this broadcast as a dream...
We are transmitting from the year one, nine, nine,--"

---John Carpeneter's 'Prince Of Darkness'

"I'm the Operator, of my Pocket Calculator"*

*Kraftwerk

Pocket Calculators
Old 21st February 2005, 11:16 PM   #2
gmni is offline gmni  Australia
diyAudio Member

Umm.. wow.

Thats amazing stuff. When that machine starts spitting out strange things, they should try convert it to something it might be messages.
Old 22nd February 2005, 02:03 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I think what they might end up finding is that it isn't really possible to have 'clear' messages emerge from 'future energy changes'.

It's like ripples in time (changes, intensities of change that occur around an event*), that move not just forward, but back. Time itself is relative and does not really exist, at all. It is a human fabrication. Time moves backward as much as it moves forward. we simply live in a 'space' that is sympathetic or designed around the one direction..like a diode.

In essence, it would be much like psychics, the message comes through, but not in terms that can alter or change the current state, in a defined way, in relation to the unclear information from the future state.

I would think that clear messages would only come from the 'future', when we are absolutely clear within ourselves -in all dimensional considerations- that 'time' does not really exist. Ie, when time, to us, does not matter, or concern us, as a whole race or in the individual sense.

The problems tend to be that scientists are real, and many engineers pose as scientists. These engineers posing as sceintists, do much to harm our human developmental progress, due to the depth of their own human fears. The difference being that scientists can envision, attempt to quantify, and then measure...whereas engineers can only measure. Posers..and we have far too many of them. This is not the case in this little project, but ***** will comment and ***** will attempt to restrict development.... Like the fear filled ***** that they are.

*If you think I'm full of it, look at phenomena that get swept under the rug like they don't exist..hhhmmmm.. for example..sound moves a given speed in air, right? Yes. OK. but... did you know that there is a 'hiss' that preceeds any sonic boom? That is audible -before- the sonic boom hits?

Correlation?..well...molecules, or specifically, electrons must 'align' to the right 'orientation' before they allow current to flow, like as in current in a wire.....and the alignment can take place..and if the line (circuit of wire) is opened before the current flows..the inductive collapse still takes place. But no energy is extracted from the source. The inductive collapse still produces...energy... that's Joseph Newman's little trick.
Old 22nd February 2005, 02:06 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

But..if you really want to put a dent in your brain.....try.....

The Library of Halexandria
Old 22nd February 2005, 10:43 AM   #5
gmni is offline gmni  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KBK
But..if you really want to put a dent in your brain.....try.....

The Library of Halexandria
404 Error never ceases to amaze me

haha sorry about that. I really enjoy reading stuff like this. I always search google for strange stuff.
Old 22nd February 2005, 10:47 AM   #6
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Link fixed.

/Hugo
Old 22nd February 2005, 02:23 PM   #7
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
that's Joseph Newman's little trick.
...along with a smooth line of patter and bald lying designed to empty the bank accounts of the gullible.

Bob Park's account of a Newman demonstration is just hilarious. ("Voodoo Science" Oxford University Press).
Old 22nd February 2005, 11:00 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

KBK - That was shown on discovery channel , lets say a year ago already.
The only problem - you also should have read the analysis of the results - no, not by engineers, by fellow scientists, who very convincingly show that different statistical analysis with different windows of observational period tend to smoothen those results to insignificance.

After reading to most of the critical analysis i concluded for myself this to be a non phenomenon.

Quote:
And this is just the start. Once they refine what constitutes an anomaly in a random signal, they’ll be able to predict even the most trivial events -- after they happen. But a more ominous interpretation is that the RTGs are causing these horrific events. A sensible precaution would be to ban the use of all such devices.
and thanks sy for mentioning bob parks site. Found the above there.
Old 23rd February 2005, 12:08 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Time itself is relative and does not really exist, at all. It is a human fabrication. Time moves backward as much as it moves forward
And how does the second law of thermodynamics correspond to you statement.
Entropie runs only one way - it increases; if time is nonexistent/ or only a human concept - what happens to the low level thermal energy being created? What happens to our astronomical observations? Nobody as yet has observed a star from a supernova pull together to create its original state - not that it might not happen, but it would throw out the slt definetely. Sounds to me like you are proposing a miracle.
But - not any more directly involved with the sciences, just trying to get an overview and try somehow to understand - Ii might be wrong.
Old 23rd February 2005, 01:11 AM   #10
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

For those that don't know him, Bob Park is former President of APS. His hilarious weekly columns can be found at www.aps.org/WN .

Hide this!Advertise here!