How come the bones in take-out chicken are so soft?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
I don't often get the take out stuff so I was a bit surprised to find that I could eat the bone as easily as the meat.

Your not suposed to eat the bone. If cooked chicken bone can cut up an animals intestines it can certainly cut up yours.

How are you cooking your chicken? fried, roasted or pan fried?

Most "take out" places either microwave it, roast it or deep fry it and that will make a diff.

Trev :)

SY is might be right about freezing. The ice crystals might wreak havoc with the structure or something - but I would suspect that the chicken Cal cooks at home would have been frozen at one time as well.

Another guess - maybe it has something to do with how it's cooked. I think some places cook it under high pressure which might do something to the strength of the bones.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
audiousername said:
Another guess - maybe it has something to do with how it's cooked. I think some places cook it under high pressure which might do something to the strength of the bones.

And the winner is...
audiousername

I believe it's called steam frying. Kind of like if you put oil and chicken together in a pressure cooker (remember those neat household bombs?) and heat the bejeezuz out of it. It kind of breaks down anything.

Collect your prize at your local KFC. Home of the feetless chicken.

Cal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.