Computer Componets, which is the best value for money and the most reliable!!! - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th October 2004, 09:48 PM   #11
sss is offline sss  Israel
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to sss
motherboard- asus/intell
graphic cards - nvidia and ati , bouth good
cd rw -yamaha/plextor almost all the others stop working after a year
screen- viewsonic
cpu- intel/amd bouth good , amd -best value for money
Old 31st October 2004, 01:03 AM   #12
roibm is offline roibm  Romania
Banned

You can't put it general what's the best.
There is no best for all no matter what. My 754 board was an epox, my actual 939 board is an msi(neo2), my old 462 board was an asus etc. All fine.

For videocard I had leadtek, asus, msi, 3dfx, powercolor and now sapphire(x800-pe+ ). All fine, no problem at all.

For memory, the corsair was the best I had, very stable and very good perf.

Hdd, almost no major diff, eventually loudness. If we exclude the deathstart and a fuji line all have about the same failure rate. If you want perf, then raptor 10k or scsi 15k.

Soundcard, creative(don't like them tho), terratec, etc. I'm with m-audio.

PSU: There is kind of like a huge diff: a $30 550W is total crap compared to a $70 350W Enermax. The important thing there is how many A on the +12V rail. You would need at least 16A if you're running a relatively performant system. 18A is recommended.

Cooling, there is also some diff. Go for copper and silent. More $ tho.

There is no such thing as perfect company in the computer world(eventually corsair as it has always exceeded my expectance).

CPU: amd is the best now, no matter what(perf., power used, price/perf). what comes next? maybe intel.

GPU: ati now, nvidia next probably. will see when the 480 is out. i had an 6800 and never liked it, extremely loud, power hungry, extremely hot.

There is one more thing tho: the person putting the things together. A lot depends on the personal experience and the decisions made(drivers and hardware combination)

Old 31st October 2004, 01:16 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ace3000_1
Quote:
There is no best for all no matter what.
I agree with that, you could have a so called best computer one day, and the next day its out of date and replaced by somthing new, more powerful ect. What i was refering to is more so the failure rates or reliablility that people have experienced with certian hardware brand names, and less face it, they have all had their run, nothing is perfect, but some companies cheat more then others and problems soon show.

Your right about the psu's too, they can be enough to break or make any system.

Trev

Hide this!Advertise here!