Ain't it great livin' in Texas!!!! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th October 2004, 04:47 AM   #1
Banned

Default Ain't it great livin' in Texas!!!!

This showed up in my mailbox today. Too bad Mikey isn't here this week to have a cow.............

Jocko
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skerry.jpg (54.1 KB, 310 views)
Old 27th October 2004, 03:18 PM   #2
zinsula is offline zinsula  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Default sKERRYd?

it seems the democrats sKERRYd even Monica......

Cheeeers, Tino
Attached Images
File Type: gif the undecided.gif (97.1 KB, 264 views)
Old 27th October 2004, 04:07 PM   #3
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

United states of America get the president they deserve because you have a very good way of voting... no I think your system is pretty weird in a democratic pint of view.

If 24 states with 90% of people vote for one candidate, 10% of the rest of population can make the difference and get thier candidate. Am I missinformed?
Old 27th October 2004, 05:14 PM   #4
Rob M is offline Rob M  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by peranders
United states of America get the president they deserve because you have a very good way of voting... no I think your system is pretty weird in a democratic pint of view.

If 24 states with 90% of people vote for one candidate, 10% of the rest of population can make the difference and get thier candidate. Am I missinformed?
It's not that simple:

http://www.cs.unc.edu/~livingst/Banzhaf/

According to the population figures this site quotes (which are way out of date), each California electoral vote represents 551,112 people, while each Montana electoral vote represents only 266,355, meaning theoretically my uncle's vote in Missoula has twice as much weight as my vote in San Diego. But, as these Monte Carlo simulations indicate, in fact my vote is more than three times more likely to influence the outcome of an election (though not this one) .

All in all, the system isn't really very different from the way the European Commission works. Even after the various re-weightings take effect, a German citizen's opinion will count for slightly less than a Dutch citizen's. Is it fair? Yeah, probably. Otherwise, the interests of smaller or more sparsely populated parts of the federation would never get represented (the city of San Diego twice the population of the entire state of North Dakota).

I think Europeans tend to forget how big and heterogenous the US is. The electoral college is part of a system of compromises that by any standard has been wildly successful. Despite all of the internal differences, the US has remained intact (with only one or two glitches) for neraly 230 years. How many European countries have seen that kind of stability? Maybe the time has come to reconsider the electoral college, but we need to be very careful about whatever we do.
Old 28th October 2004, 12:02 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Eruope was to stable for a while....When the Pope in Rome ran everything and the inquisition was torturing....
Old 28th October 2004, 03:18 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Our system works just fine...barring the lies and deciet of the democrats and liberal biased media (who are being shown for what they are)

My buddy W will win in a landslide next week much like my hero Ronnie did in '84.

Economy? My pay has increased 50% per year for the last 5 years. If you're not working...I would wager it is for a good reason.

Terrorism? We haven't been hit since 9-11. We were hit 3 times I can think of under Sick Willy. And the only retalliation was bombing an asprin factory on the day Monica was to testify. Odd coincidence? I think not!

Presently, the top 50% earners pay 96% of the taxes...How can the second biggest liar (Kerry. 1st is obviously Clinton) say that the rich don't deserve the tax break Bush gave.

Truth will prevail and the eastern elite liberal will be sent back to the Senate with the murdering drunk "where's my pants" Kenedy
Old 28th October 2004, 10:34 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I don't get why John Kerry keeps slamming the military and claiming how such a horrible job they have done in Iraq during a time of war. Isn't he running for comand over the military? It almost seems ironic. His smear target is Bush, but the smear seems to be leaking on to our soldiers. I bet our brothers and sisters fighting and putting there lives at risk doing such a dangerous job really appreciate the ridicule. Apparently this is nothing new to Kerry. These people are, and have died so that he has the right to stand up on his stump and condemn whoever he wants and lie as much as he sees fit. So does George Bush and every other american. Ain't America great! The problem is when people believe all the crap without requiring any proof or sources. Ignorance is the absolute enemy of this country. People who are ignorant, as in not informed, and are to lazy to become informed, are easy to control and herd like sheep. Is this the future of this country? God I hope not. This freedom we enjoy comes at a price. This cost(blood) has been paid before and will always have to be paid if we are to remain free to say what we feel and not have to worry about being prosecuted by government. God bless the USA.
Old 29th October 2004, 03:05 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
I don't get why John Kerry keeps slamming the military and claiming how such a horrible job they have done in Iraq during a time of war. Isn't he running for comand over the military? It almost seems ironic. His smear target is Bush, but the smear seems to be leaking on to our soldiers. I bet our brothers and sisters fighting and putting there lives at risk doing such a dangerous job really appreciate the ridicule.
In what little I seen of Kerry he has always been critical of the war, the running of the war and the inadequate number of soldiers not the military. Seems reasonable to me.
Old 29th October 2004, 03:18 AM   #9
Banned

Default Usually, yes......

But if you listen to enough of him.....and going far enough back, he has taken most every position that there is.

"That is not flip-flopping, that is pandering. And America deserves to have President who knows the difference."- Saturday Night Live parody of Kerry.

Jocko
Old 29th October 2004, 03:53 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

sKerry is fairly consistantly a coward with no respect for the truth.

He only joined the Navy because he didn't think he would see action there, but then the n Swift boats were activated. While in country, he bravely ran away anytime there was a hint of enemy fire. When he dumped a crewman off of the back of his boat fleeing and leaving another crew behind after hitting a mine, he reallized there was no enemy fire, returned to pick his crewman from the river, and gave himself a medal. What a *******.

Read the book by John O'Neil about his war record and you'll see what a coward POS he is.

Hide this!Advertise here!