bush already won: - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th October 2004, 11:20 AM   #1
Banned

Default bush already won:

Image removed by moderator (copyright material)

Link:http://www.heise.de/tp/deutsch/inhalt/on/18517/1.html
Old 8th October 2004, 03:50 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I don't understand how a nation can be so bloodthirsty (or stupid) to keep that lunatic in?
Old 9th October 2004, 12:28 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ace3000_1
Quote:
I don't understand how a nation can be so bloodthirsty (or stupid) to keep that lunatic in?
Yeah well John Howard just won the Australian election, because of this, im not going back to my country for another 3years. Howards government is the most racial government ive ever known in my life!

Till, i have removed the posted image, you may replace it with a link, its copyright material.

Trev
Old 9th October 2004, 12:34 PM   #4
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originallyposted by ace3000:
John Howard just won the Australian election, because of this, im not going back to my country for another 3years.
Isn't that a little drastic?

Staying out of your own country because you don't like the fellow who just got elected?

Probably about half the people in any democratic country voted for the other candidate. If everyone did as you are doing, every time the other party won an election, the population would do a complete overhaul.

All the guys from the winning party would move back in, all the people from the losing party would move out.
Old 9th October 2004, 12:44 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kelticwizard
Isn't that a little drastic?

Staying out of your own country because you don't like the fellow who just got elected?

Probably about half the people in any democratic country voted for the other candidate. If everyone did as you are doing, every time the other party won an election, the population would do a complete overhaul.

All the guys from the winning party would move back in, all the people from the losing party would move out.
LOL yeah your right, but when you plan to marry someone and just because they are a certain race they dont let them in, (there is a big pile of underground scandles going on with others too, the latest was with South Africa) i feel that that country isnt worth living in.

The Australian Government also rips people off, its not a cheap country to live in, they are now saying that you have to work until your 70 before you retire!, thats nuts! thats just a couple of things.

I could go on about it all day, but here realy isnt the place to discuss it as no doubt things would get hot in here. I just dont understand somtimes why governments who people are supose to dislike so much, get re elected, its certainly got me beat.

Trev
Old 9th October 2004, 12:47 PM   #6
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Ace, Latham characterized Howard's administration as "a conga-line of suck-holes." That's rather endearing, really. I wish our politicians could express themselves so directly.
Old 9th October 2004, 01:27 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Ace, Latham characterized Howard's administration as "a conga-line of suck-holes." That's rather endearing, really. I wish our politicians could express themselves so directly.
Heya SY, yeah there are a few in there that are strait forward, kinda the aussie nature .

Howard is shifty no dobt, i found a few interesting articles this morning on the news, including Howard having an automated system to ring people on their mobiles, hang up apon answering, and leaving them a message bank message so the people pay for his speech, kinda rude. I would have posted the link but the news article is over.

Thats only one thing thats only related to the election, living life is no doubt nothing but a big lie, its a joke, and yet people vote him in .

Before i left (3years ago) they said that the average wage was $750 a week, everyone i knew was getting about $500 a week (about 30 people), i was on $1200 a week (because of what i do), but having a ratio of roughly 30:1 doesnt add upto an average of $750 a week cos hardly any people get that. And not only that, most jobs dont pay it, its all labour work, (atleast in Western Australia).

Trev
Old 9th October 2004, 02:01 PM   #8
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ace3000_1

Before i left (3years ago) they said that the average wage was $750 a week, everyone i knew was getting about $500 a week (about 30 people), i was on $1200 a week (because of what i do), but having a ratio of roughly 30:1 doesnt add upto an average of $750 a week cos hardly any people get that.
Okay, just thought I would throw this in, not that I am an economist. Although you can really, really learn a lot of what used to be "inside stuff" by perusing the internet.

There are two figures-average wage and median average wage, (or median wage).

Average wage is the total sum of the wages of all people, divided by the number of people who earn the money.

Median wage is computed like this: you list the wages of everybody, and the wage of the person in the middle is the median wage.

It can result in a big difference.

Suppose we have 5 people. Their yearly income is as follows.

1. $15,000
2. $25,000
3. $35,000
4. $45,000
5. $1,000,000

The average income for these five people is $224,000.

The median income for these five is $35,000.

As you can see, a few millionaires or billionaires can pull the average wage up quite a bit. The median income is the more accurate figure, I believe.

So you might want to check that figure for Australia. That $75,000 figure might be average income. If it is, see if you can find what the median income is, it might conform to your own observations of "normal" income.

By the way, the meidan wage for the full time worker in America, as of last year, was $15.85 and hour.
Old 9th October 2004, 02:07 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SY
I had been following the Aussie election on CBC - Canadian political reporters have no use for the guy either it sounds like.
Old 9th October 2004, 03:05 PM   #10
Banned

i doubt the copyright issue

see screenshot on this page

http://www.heise.de/tp/deutsch/inhalt/on/18517/1.html

moderator, its up to you to move this link into the posting #1

Hide this!Advertise here!