diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/)
-   -   Frozen Arctic Wasteland (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/41830-frozen-arctic-wasteland.html)

DSP_Geek 30th September 2004 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rcavictim
DSP Geek, (aka Francois),

When did the State of California start using the Canadian Flag?
Nice looking flag ain't it?! ;)

I lived in Montreal, but the separatists had managed to totally screw up the economy to the point where the best salary offer I got as an engineer was 20% below what I'd been making five years previously. Hmm. An insulting pittance in Quebec, or bongo bucks Stateside? Think, think.

Anyway, it's part of my mission here to inform USAians that no, contrary to what they hear from various mouthpieces, the Canadian health care system was not collapsing, yes, we have no deficit, no, gun control doesn't mean criminals are jacking us at will, and that despite Pat Buchanan caliing us Soviet Canuckistan we actually had it pretty good (modulo Blacque Jacques Parizeau and his crowd).

On the other hand, DSP gigs aren't real thick on the ground in the Great White North. They're not terribly common here either outside the defence industry, but I've been able to build a nice little niche.

And my sister keeps me in 22 Minutes tapes.

Anyway, if the mods want to throw this to Everything Else under Frozen Arctic Wasteland...

Francois.

"Congratulations Canada on your national igloo!"

SY 30th September 2004 08:05 PM

Actually, it's more like "Off Topic."

I love Canada, since it's the land that gave us Joni Mitchell and Terrence & Philip.

ace3000_1 1st October 2004 12:10 AM

Quote:

Frozen Arctic Wasteland...
Heh, i had to check this thread out, i thought someone had spotted my sisters freezer. :D

Trev

Cal Weldon 1st October 2004 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DSP_Geek
And my sister keeps me in 22 Minutes tapes. "Congratulations Canada on your national igloo!"
For those not familiar, 'This Hour Has 22 Minutes' is a news and political satire show done by our national TV CBC.

Excellent show.

Quote:

Originally posted by SY
I love Canada, since it's the land that gave us Joni Mitchell and Terrence & Philip.
Not to mention Pamela Anderson and Wanye and Schuster.

Cheers
Cal

planet10 1st October 2004 07:38 AM

and Diana Krall & Captain Kirk...

dave

SY 1st October 2004 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by planet10

dave

Mrs. Elvis Costello and the largest slab of ham in the Western Hemisphere? I'll try to forgive you for them; Joni makes up for a lot.

Geek 1st October 2004 01:41 PM

Quote:

dave

Little known, but James Doohan (Scotty) is one of us too, aye laddy! ;)

--
-= Gregg "t3h g33k" =-
Who lives in a little igloo court with a little two-dog sled transport ;)

zinsula 1st October 2004 05:07 PM

You had Gilles Villeneuve :cool:
You have Jacques Villeneuve :D
And we have Sauber :c_flag:

Bye, Tino

planet10 1st October 2004 07:28 PM

Peter Jennings

Sy, except for her one album, i like Diana Krall.

And then there is Shania Twain, Alanis Moriset, The Guess Who, KD Lang

And Mr. Kirk was the harbinger of all the Star Treks.... so he is more than just himself (ie a goof)

Live Long & Prosper

dave

SY 1st October 2004 07:35 PM

Quote:

Peter Jennings

You're not strengthening your case!