No Moon Landings ever Took Place...!! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd September 2004, 07:53 PM   #1
mikeks is offline mikeks  United Kingdom
Account Disabled

Lightbulb No Moon Landings ever Took Place...!!

just watched a documentary examining evidence that the Apollo moon landings were a 40 billion dollar US government hoax.....

The case for the prosecution is compelling......

Japan intends to send a probe up to the moon to take the first close up 'photos of the claimed landing sites....

I wait with bated breath....
Old 22nd September 2004, 09:35 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Sch3mat1c Send a message via AIM to Sch3mat1c
I have absolutely no idea what kind of fantastical drugs you or the producers have been smoking, but anyone with a good power telescope or laser can spot the lander, flag or reflector planted there. (Well, I don't know about visual observation, but I've seen LIDAR performed before.)

Sounds like those (geez, more words I can't say) who think Rosevelt let (or purposely caused) Pearl Harbor happen, or likewise Bush and 9/11.... sigh...

Tim
Old 22nd September 2004, 09:53 PM   #3
mikeks is offline mikeks  United Kingdom
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by Sch3mat1c
.............anyone with a good power telescope or laser can spot the lander, flag or reflector planted there.................
Tim
Nope!

Old 22nd September 2004, 10:16 PM   #4
edpgc is offline edpgc  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

They put a mirror on it, you can bounce a laser off of it with the right equipment. I can't believe anyone would think this!? Do you believe everything you watch on Channel 5!?

Anyway this approaches each one of the programs 'points' and suggests how ridiculous they are. Anyway there is a squillion more reasons to believe we did go to the moon than not!
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Ed
Old 23rd September 2004, 12:54 AM   #5
RHosch is offline RHosch  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Re: No Moon Landings ever Took Place...!!

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeks
just watched a documentary examining evidence that the Apollo moon landings were a 40 billion dollar US government hoax.....

Old 23rd September 2004, 02:32 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ace3000_1
Quote:
They put a mirror on it, you can bounce a laser off of it with the right equipment.
And what equiptment might that be? If japan is sending up a probe to veiw the landing sites, wouldnt it be a waste of money if they could just use a $10 laser pointer on a computer guided equateral mount?

Quote:
but anyone with a good power telescope or laser can spot the lander, flag or reflector planted there. (Well, I don't know about visual observation, but I've seen LIDAR performed before.)
Lets see, if i park my car in the drive way, better yet plant a flag, go to the moon and get my scope out, do you honestly think i would realy see it? I take it you have owned a telescope before and know all about resolution and the earths atmospheric effects on the resolution, also what size lenses you would need to be able to even think about such an adventure. Why do you think they built the hubbel space telescope?

LIDAR is used for calibrating satelites so they maintain their orbit, it will be future used in a new space telescope (that i dont have the name of) that will be able to see far distant planets, not the same system but similar.

Ive watched this documentory before, its been played world wide, its actually a couple of years old, do you want my opinion? Well realy i dont doubt that nasa did land on the moon, i beleive they did, until proven wrong, (which ofcourse i guess one day the truth will be proven), ill beleive so.

Trev
Old 23rd September 2004, 02:33 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ace3000_1
Quote:
Thats alota money for back then, did they even have that much money dedicated for space exploration then?

Trev
Old 23rd September 2004, 04:16 AM   #8
mr l is offline mr l  Australia
diyAudio Member

couldn't they check landing sights with the hubble space telescope,or too much to ask for?
i can understand the evidence of it being a hoax (solar radiation would fry us without the magnetic belts of the planet to protect us) could we measure the radiation given off by the test equipment left there?
Old 23rd September 2004, 04:32 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

I sent away for one of the photos.

I wondered what appeared to be a defect really was so I enlarged and enhanced the small area. It turned out to be a Burger King.

What does that mean?
Old 23rd September 2004, 04:39 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Sch3mat1c Send a message via AIM to Sch3mat1c
Quote:
Originally posted by ace3000_1

And what equiptment might that be? If japan is sending up a probe to veiw the landing sites, wouldnt it be a waste of money if they could just use a $10 laser pointer on a computer guided equateral mount?
The equipment I saw on the program segment showed a rather powerful green argon laser, beaming a generous diameter moonwards. Sensitive detectors return the faint reflection, timing the round trip and calculating distance. In this way we know the moon is getting farther by two inches per year I think?

More than likely, Japan is going up because they can. Cold war aside, that's why we did. ("Not because it is easy, but because it is hard!") Cold war just got us there a number of decades sooner.

I mean geez, come on! Wouldn't you like to say you've been in (or at least sent a probe to) interplanetary space?

Quote:

Lets see, if i park my car in the drive way, better yet plant a flag, go to the moon and get my scope out, do you honestly think i would realy see it? I take it you have owned a telescope before and know all about resolution and the earths atmospheric effects on the resolution, also what size lenses you would need to be able to even think about such an adventure. Why do you think they built the hubbel space telescope?
Yeah, so viewing individual objects on another planet is pretty far off. You might need Hubble or the Keck to see it, but it's there. I don't know what resolution each has at moon distances. Hmm, I should calculate that. What is Keck's resolution anyway...

/Googling....

Tim

Hide this!Advertise here!