USA In Grave Danger!!!!! - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2004, 11:55 PM   #21
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
 
Bas Horneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Blog Entries: 18
Quote:
First of all, how does someone from the UK have the right to say anything about our leaders?
He is just saying it you know? We have freedom of speech in Europe as well...(o and thanks for inventing the internet...making it possible for us to speech freely around the world ;-)
 
Old 10th September 2004, 12:16 AM   #22
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Connecticut, The Nutmeg State
Default The Blue-Red Map Of The USA

Hoo boy! I hope the quality of this thread improves-it's a long election period.

Even without recounts!

I posted this on another forum and received much thanks from a European member following the American election.

It is the Blue-Red Map Of The USA, originally published by CNN.

The counties in blue are those which went for Gore.
The counties in red are those which went for Bush.

States are outlined, but it's a county-by-county map. State-by-state maps are available, I will post one if requested.

Bear in mind that this doesn't mean that if you leave a red county and enter a blue country that you are leaving a place where 100% of the voters went for Bush and are entering one where 100% of the voters went for Gore. In fact, most of these counties were 60%-40% or less.

So whether the county you are in is red or blue, there is a pretty good chance 4 out of 10 people-nearly half-are from the "other" side.

Heck-I know more than few married couples where the husband and wife vote for different candidates!

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
"A friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move a body."
-Anonymous
 
Old 10th September 2004, 12:18 AM   #23
diyAudio Member
 
kingdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
I believe Mikeks very plainly called the voters (me) stupid; did I miss something, is this not disrespectful? I have no problem with constructive conversation or someoneís opinion, but this thread is obviously a direct insult and a in your face remark by another forum member aimed at inflaming any American who believes in our Presidents policies, is this not against forum rules? At the very least, is it not rude and disrespectful of the other forum members who are American? Is it really OK to call others stupid?
 
Old 10th September 2004, 12:27 AM   #24
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator
 
SY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicagoland
Blog Entries: 1
kd, perhaps it's best to look at this realistically- Americans do not pay much attention to voting advice given to them by foreigners on an audio forum.
__________________
And while they may not be as strong as apes, don't lock eyes with 'em, don't do it. Puts 'em on edge. They might go into berzerker mode; come at you like a whirling dervish, all fists and elbows.
 
Old 10th September 2004, 12:52 AM   #25
mikeks is offline mikeks  United Kingdom
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Animal farm
Quote:
Originally posted by SY
Americans do not pay much attention to voting advice given to them by foreigners on an audio forum.
...pity...


 
Old 10th September 2004, 12:54 AM   #26
diyAudio Member
 
kingdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
True SY, but obviously I have too much time on my hands right now, Donít get me wrong, I'm not that thin-skinned, but you got to admit, it's hard not to comment on such an ironic thread. The whole synopsis of Mikeksís thread is that America is in deep trouble because the voters are so stupid they will vote the evil GWB back into office and cause the world much anguish. I mean the whole idea of the thread is in its self, stupid and empty headed.

Who would have known all we had to do to make a perfect country is vote in the right president because this country is no deeper or smarter then its president, how ignorant.
 
Old 10th September 2004, 12:54 AM   #27
mikeks is offline mikeks  United Kingdom
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Animal farm
Quote:
Originally posted by kingdaddy
....did I miss something......
NAAAHHHH....!!
 
Old 10th September 2004, 01:58 AM   #28
diyAudio Senior Member
 
fdegrove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Belgium
Default OH MY....

Hi,

Quote:
Who would have known all we had to do to make a perfect country is vote in the right president because this country is no deeper or smarter then its president, how ignorant.
Are you telling us it's actually even worse than we thought it was?

Are you telling us those people that are so hellbent on installing democracies all over the world don't actually have one themselves?

Are you telling us that your people actually managed to put a man in power who is by no means representative of his country?

Are you telling us that the constituants couldn't care less about the damage his foreign policy has caused to humanity?

..............Cheers anyway,
__________________
Frank
 
Old 10th September 2004, 02:11 AM   #29
Evaas is offline Evaas  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Evaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Montreal QC
Question Re: The Blue-Red Map Of The USA

I hope this thread can go beyond name calling, and I enjoy discussing ideas, even if its an audio thread. maybe this is a good forum for it, because we at least have something in common

Quote:
Originally posted by kelticwizard
Hoo boy! I hope the quality of this thread improves-it's a long election period.

Even without recounts!

I posted this on another forum and received much thanks from a European member following the American election.

It is the Blue-Red Map Of The USA, originally published by CNN.

The counties in blue are those which went for Gore.
The counties in red are those which went for Bush.

States are outlined, but it's a county-by-county map. State-by-state maps are available, I will post one if requested.

Bear in mind that this doesn't mean that if you leave a red county and enter a blue country that you are leaving a place where 100% of the voters went for Bush and are entering one where 100% of the voters went for Gore. In fact, most of these counties were 60%-40% or less.

So whether the county you are in is red or blue, there is a pretty good chance 4 out of 10 people-nearly half-are from the "other" side.

Heck-I know more than few married couples where the husband and wife vote for different candidates!

Click the image to open in full size.

This is an example of exactly what I don't like about the way Bush governs. He works through quick sound bytes, one-liners, and no detailed analysis. If you glance at this map, it looks very red. But what about the population centers? I'll wager that large cities line up well with the blue areas. Maybe not, but it would be nice to know. Counties have tremendously different populations, so this map can be very misleading. Granted it does give one figure on population of counties won, but it is far outweighed by the rest of the visual information on the map.

My biggest gripe is that I don't think the current president analyzes issues to any depth at all. War, international politics, terrorism, and economy are all very complicated issues, and I don't see them getting the attention they deserve.

oh, and btw, tell me again how we shifted from afghanistan to iraq? It was like someone was playing a game of three-card monty on me, and the news media didn't even pick up on it until nearly a year later. why? because bush refused interviews with anyone who asked questions he didn't like. It is one of the most closed white-houses we have ever had. that doesn't make me feel confident. what is he hiding?? maybe nothing but I just don't know.




Quote:
Originally posted by SY
kd, perhaps it's best to look at this realistically- Americans do not pay much attention to voting advice given to them by foreigners on an audio forum.
lmao
 
Old 10th September 2004, 02:21 AM   #30
Evaas is offline Evaas  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Evaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Montreal QC
Thumbs up taxes??

Quote:
Originally posted by markp
First of all, how does someone from the UK have the right to say anything about our leaders? Next, how do so many people think that Kerry is any better than GWB? Kerry says he'll keep jobs in the US while his wifes company has over 50 plants outside the US that once were in the country. Could someone please justify that. What about his possition on the war, whatever it is today? I don't want my taxes raised any, do you? Bush may not be great, but is Kerry? NO.

Don't get me started on this. Bush is wasting a **** more money than Clinton ever did, and more than Kerry would. Why can't people think???? Do you think Bush will spend less than Kerry just because he say's so? he's shown that he loves to spend money, doesn't care about the economy (yeah that $300 three years ago really helped. wow. and to be honest, I didn't even notice the tax cut)

On a different note I don't really want the gov't to cut taxes. I have a bit of a socialist bent and believe in many of the services government provides. That doesn't mean they're doing a great job of managing it now, but I just want to be a voice in favor of useful government services. it seems to be out of style now....
 

Closed Thread


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Audio Danger Timn8ter Subwoofers 1 1st August 2007 02:10 PM
Is my amp in danger? mudihan Solid State 12 17th July 2006 07:00 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:17 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2