Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 9th September 2004, 09:34 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

I voted for him, does that mean I'm stupid? I値l vote for him again does that mean I知 extra stupid, is the Democratic solution a better one? Also just to educate some here who don稚 know how the USA government works, it's not the popular vote that decides, the electoral system is there for a good reason, we are a constitutional Republic, not a Democracy, it's not about the popular vote, do a little research and you will find out why.

Also try to have a little respect for other opinions, the word stupid should not come up in a situations concerning opinions.

Old 9th September 2004, 09:56 PM   #12
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I voted for him, does that mean I'm stupid? I値l vote for him again does that mean I知 extra stupid,
No it does not mean that you are stupid.

Quote:
the word stupid should not come up in a situations concerning opinions
Why not...it is just an opinion.

I have to tell you ....I can't understand why people get offended if someone thinks Bush is stupid?

Personally I could not care less if someone finds me or the person I voted for stupid? It's just an opinion. Seems to me a lot of Americans have a problem with other people having an opinion...and too easily the adage is conjured up that..if you are not for us you are against us???? Rubbish I say.

Quote:
How can so many people be so stupid simultaneously?
Maybe they are not stupid...but are different..europeans have a very hard time understanding people are not the same all over the world. Europe is the cradle of racism..always has been ..always will be...somehow the people that emanated from europe are known to be more racist...like the Americans, South Africans, Aussies and Kiwi's. But the Europeans are no different...they just hide it better.

Old 9th September 2004, 10:04 PM   #13
markp is offline markp  United States
diyAudio Member

First of all, how does someone from the UK have the right to say anything about our leaders? Next, how do so many people think that Kerry is any better than GWB? Kerry says he'll keep jobs in the US while his wifes company has over 50 plants outside the US that once were in the country. Could someone please justify that. What about his possition on the war, whatever it is today? I don't want my taxes raised any, do you? Bush may not be great, but is Kerry? NO.

Old 9th September 2004, 10:11 PM   #14
mikeks is offline mikeks  United Kingdom
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by kingdaddy
I voted for him, does that mean I'm stupid? I値l vote for him again does that mean I知 extra stupid.........the word stupid should not come up in a situations concerning opinions.
Hi George...

Quote:
Originally posted by markp
First of all, how does someone from the UK have the right to say anything about our leaders?

You are welcome to him.....

Old 9th September 2004, 10:18 PM   #15
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by Bas Horneman

I have to tell you ....I can't understand why people get offended if someone thinks Bush is stupid?

English is allegedly G.W Bush's 1st language....

Yet i have heard folk for whom that language is a third, even fourth language who can construct, and present ideas without sounding like a dislocated primary school drop-out!!

...and this man IS the President of the world's ONLY Superpower!!!????!!! ....

How the heck did this happen???

If it barks like a dog and walks like a dog, heck, it IS a dawg!!

...90% of the world KNOWS GWB is stupid.....no point intellectualising the obvious....

Old 9th September 2004, 10:20 PM   #16
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by kingdaddy
I voted for him, does that mean I'm stupid? I値l vote for him again does that mean I知 extra stupid, ......
No...a suitable adjective aint been invented yet old chap...

Old 9th September 2004, 10:23 PM   #17
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by Bas Horneman

Seems to me a lot of Americans have a problem with other people having an opinion...and too easily the adage is conjured up that..if you are not for us you are against us???? Rubbish I say.
Man!!!!!... i love this man!!!

Long may you prosper Bas!!!

Old 9th September 2004, 10:37 PM   #18
Account Disabled

Unhappy OK...so i am really being serious here...

Dear American Friends,

Please....Please....do not indulge in the weapons-grade, nay, devine supidity, and self-flagelation of electing GWB for the first time....

Now....we know he entered the White House fraudulently, and by the back door, but to vote him in legitimately this time will undoubtedly throw the collective sanity of the US electorate into serious doubt.....

Sincerely,

Michael.

Old 9th September 2004, 10:37 PM   #19
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Long may you prosper Bas!!!
Long may you prosper too Mike!!!!!
Let's all Americans join in please

Quote:
US while his wifes company has over 50 plants outside the US that once were in the country
What is the problem here? It's called free enterprise (A very American type of thing) If there is one company that is responsible for american jobs going to China it is that quintessential American company....Wall Mart! That's right... Wall Mart as American as apple pie.

Out of every 7 dollars spent in America one is spent in Wall Mart. Wall Mart squeezes the american production sector until they cannot survive...They are left with only 2 choices....bankruptcy or move production to China. (Not supplying Wall Mart is not an option once you started supplying them)

Old 9th September 2004, 10:42 PM   #20
Account Disabled

Smile P.s:..

..Yes...in case Kingdaddy asks, i love the USA.....no kidding....hand on my heart......positively....seriously doubtlessly...etc...etc.....

Really...its true.....!!

....don't you believe me.....????

NO??!!!??

Come now.....perhaps we can agree to....

Ahhhh well ...never mind.....

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!