America bashing vs. European bashing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2003
Bas Horneman said:
Europe still is a great place to live...On the most recent list of countries with the highest Human Development Index ...is

yeah right. We first have to have governments to collect taxes from us. Now we need a bunch of UN beaucrats to tell us where to live. What's next? Should they write books so we know how to have sex?

Had the US not saved the Europe from Hitler and itself, would it still be a great place to live?

:)

- people of what countries are more responsible?

Those who use slash and burn farming techniques are prime candidates in my book. Because of this and poor land management in general, almost all the forests in Cuba and Pakistan have been destroyed, the Sahara Desert is growing and the South American rainforest is being decimated. Take your pick.

- what country is the biggest polluter?

Right now, the United States is, but within the next few decades, China is expected to overtake the US in this regard, so get your anti-American whacks in while you can. It is also overlooked that, even with all the pollution the US puts out, North America is still a net CO2 sink, which the other first world portions of the earth, except for perhaps Russia, cannot claim.

- what country refuses to implement drastic changes regarding pollution?

All of them, particularly the developing nations:).

Joined 2002
Paid Member
An interesting article on European anti-Americanism

I enjoyed this article:

http://hudsonreview.com/BawerSp04.html

I'm fairly happy to be American, but I often think about leaving for a place with a more traditional culture, maybe somewhere in Latin America.

I'm not anti-European but I'm getting tired of the anti-American slurs that some Europeans make ... I work with many Europeans and to hear it from some of them it gets tiresome, but also gives a new point of view, when it isn't just spitting venom.

-- mirlo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.