diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/)
-   -   comments on my signature... (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/37035-comments-my-signature.html)

roibm 1st July 2004 01:26 PM

comments on my signature...
 
all those that feel the urge to comment on my signature, please do it here.
mods, please don't delete this.

Peter Daniel 1st July 2004 03:23 PM

I'd say there is time in life to try everything, and trying those things is definitely enjoyable.

Circlotron 2nd July 2004 01:44 PM

Enjoyable things are often illegal, immoral or make you fat. :rolleyes:

Bas Horneman 2nd July 2004 01:55 PM

Quote:

Life After The Oil Crash
http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net
Dedicated to those driving 10mpg cars or using 0.5Kwh+ class A amps. Feels good doesn't it? "Ignorance is bliss" some are saying...
If you feel the urge to comment on my signature, do it here
Pretty cool that you link to a discussion on your signature from within your signature.

Not to the 10mpg part.
What are you trying to say? From my point of view it is hypocritical. The pc you are using cost a tremendous amount of energy to make and soon to recycle. When you brush your teeth the average person uses 7liters of water...the list goes on and on. Shall I bore you?

Point is we all consume more than we need. Why single out motorcars?

roibm 2nd July 2004 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bas Horneman
Pretty cool that you link to a discussion on your signature from within your signature.

I always enjoyed recursivity.
Beside, in this case it was needed too.

Quote:


Not to the 10mpg part.
What are you trying to say? From my point of view it is hypocritical. The pc you are using cost a tremendous amount of energy to make and soon to recycle. When you brush your teeth the average person uses 7liters of water...the list goes on and on. Shall I bore you?

Point is we all consume more than we need. Why single out motorcars?

If you waste all that water, food and whatever else, wasting a huge amount of energy makes you feel even better, huh? If you have a device that wastes 1kw doesn't it make any difference if you don't add another one that uses 2kw? recurse.
I am also not the kind of person that changes the computers every 3 months, nor do I think that the energy spent for an entire pc is anywhere close to the one spent by a car doing 10mpg.

Sorry, I didn't hear of any class a motorcar so far.

Bas Horneman 2nd July 2004 03:57 PM

Quote:

wasting a huge amount of energy makes you feel even better, huh?
I does not make me feel better. I am merely questioning your motivation.

If we all stopped eating meat, the whole world could have enough to eat. Seems to me an even more pressing problem than wasting finite resources.

I interpret it as follows. There was this girl I had a discussion with... she says it's a disgrace that there are space programs.... while there are such big problems on earth. The next day she gets on a plane to go on holiday. Catch my drift?

It seems to me, please correct me if I'm wrong, that your signature is motivated by anti-Americanism. Now that I don't mind. It is your opinion. I hope you understand that I am not trying to attack you or your way of life. Merely commenting on your signature and questioning it. Isn't that what you wanted? ;)

SY 2nd July 2004 04:46 PM

Quote:

If we all stopped eating meat, the whole world could have enough to eat. Seems to me an even more pressing problem than wasting finite resources.
The whole world already has enough food to eat. More than enough. The remaining problems with famines and shortages have political causes, not agricultural ones.

Bas Horneman 2nd July 2004 04:55 PM

Quote:

The whole world already has enough food to eat. More than enough. The remaining problems with famines and shortages have political causes, not agricultural ones.
True...but the meat-industry is very inefficient. 80% of all grain in the world goes to feed cows.

SY 2nd July 2004 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bas Horneman

True...but the meat-industry is very inefficient. 80% of all grain in the world goes to feed cows.


All well and good, but we've gotten so efficient with agriculture and animal production that the inefficiencies are relatively small compared with traditional methods. We aren't even beginning to strain current agro capacity and we're farming fewer acres per capita (including grain for animal feed) than ever in history. And fewer acres in aggregate than 50 years ago despite a doubling of world population. The figures can be even more stunning once we get past the sort of superstitious nonsense that has followed the development of modern genetic techniques.

roibm 2nd July 2004 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bas Horneman
... The next day she gets on a plane to go on holiday. Catch my drift?

By far not my case.
I don't dream of class A neither of a car that "eats" that much fuel.

Quote:

It seems to me, please correct me if I'm wrong, that your signature is motivated by anti-Americanism. Now that I don't mind. It is your opinion. I hope you understand that I am not trying to attack you or your way of life.

Nope. There are people like those everywhere. SUVs are appreciated here as well. Of course, the us is the homeland for plenty such cars, along being the biggest polluter worldwide(at least they are the first affected, as a study has already found). As your fellow countryman jpaul already said, if the americana would not drive their private cars, their own oil would be enough, so no need for wars etc.(at least for now). I think that if they would reduce the number of 10mpg cars, that would help too. And least but not last, this signature is a protest against inefficiency, since this is what 10mpg and 500W+@idle is all about. The inefficiency, ignorance and it's bliss.

Quote:

Merely commenting on your signature and questioning it. Isn't that what you wanted? ;)
Nope again. It is not what I wanted.
There are at least two threads "hijacked" because of my signature. This thread was meant to be the place where people will post about my signature, instead of hijacking another different thread. I already mentioned the idea of creating this thread in such a hijacked thread.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:04 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2