comments on my signature... - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd July 2004, 11:39 PM   #21
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by roibm
Hey millwood, TAFL, go walk the bear, or whatever else, your posts are redundant.
I already know you can't do better

and you cannot do a thing about it,

Just love the moment.
Old 3rd July 2004, 11:41 PM   #22
Account Disabled

Quote:
Considering our economy which is based 100% on oil(without oil there will be no economy, nothing, nada),
by the token, our economy is also based on earth worms: without them, the long term consequences would be fatal.

How's saving the worms?

Old 3rd July 2004, 11:48 PM   #23
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by jean-paul
There was a system shown that was about using hydrogen cells not only to power cars but houses as well.
that was the promise of Plug (I am one of the earliest pre-money investors in Plug). It didn't happen for a lot of reasons, the least of which is economics and safety concerns.

when it comes to cost and reliability, the good old low-tech centrlized power generation + grid is very hard to compete.

Ballard, a pioneer in the industry, has tried some other ideas but mostly went nowhere. One of my investments is doing some pretty unique stuff with regards to vehicle applications and ultra-long life compact batteries for the military (try to find out how much batteries a special ops carries and you will see why it is so important).

the difficulty there is the li-based batteries have some of the highest power density. and fuel cells (hydrogen-based at least) don't work too well in extreme temperatures.

But I think eventually we will get there, one way or another. But I think the solution will not be hydrogen-based.
Old 4th July 2004, 01:01 AM   #24
roibm is offline roibm  Romania
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by millwood
Quote:
Hey millwood, TAFL, go walk the bear, or whatever else, your posts are redundant.
I already know you can't do better
and you cannot do a thing about it,
Just love the moment.
LOL
I am not trying to change you. You are pretty cool as you are... You should know I missed you when you were sin-binned. You are the nice little pet of this forum.
Please don't change, take care of yourself
Old 8th July 2004, 10:56 AM   #25
Hans L is offline Hans L  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Great signature. I especially like the second part. It shows nicely just how IM distorted the view of a few of the americans is on the world.

Did you notice how I put in an audio related term in an offtopic post. Now, isn't that clever of me

Now, on a more serious note. It seems that the more non-americans bash these moronic views, the more americans stand up for their country in support of them... like there is anything to be proud of in starting a war over natural resources (screw the evil dictator argument). This way the morons get an even larger say in america's policies. Fine paradox we are in...
Old 8th July 2004, 12:41 PM   #26
Account Disabled

Quote:
Please don't change, take care of yourself

thanks, robbies.

In the mean time, we will just keep driving our big SUVs, and drop our bombs when we feel like it, and listening to our nice class a amps.

Nothing you can do to stop it.

Isn't this a lovely world, robbie?
Old 8th July 2004, 03:21 PM   #27
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

You keep repeating yourself, Millwood.

Please come up with a more intelligent view on things instead of giving us more of the classical redneck style. We know that and repeating adds nothing to the discussion.

Mmm, please be careful with the "nothing can stop us" slogan. The world has seen enough proof of the opposite.
Old 8th July 2004, 03:35 PM   #28
roibm is offline roibm  Romania
Banned

LOL @ millwood
you made my day...
Old 8th July 2004, 04:23 PM   #29
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by jean-paul
Mmm, please be careful with the "nothing can stop us" slogan. The world has seen enough proof of the opposite.
thanks, jean-paul. to talk to some euro-rednecks, you have to speak to their language. Otherwise, robbies cannot understand it.

Yes, nothing can stop us.
Old 8th July 2004, 04:31 PM   #30
Account Disabled

Quote:
LOL @ millwood
you made my day...
by driving our big bad SUVs and running our big bad class a amps?

then, wait until we drop a few bombs too,

Hide this!Advertise here!