Any hifi equipment which plays computer made CDR/MP3 audio? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd April 2004, 11:14 PM   #1
Bull is offline Bull  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Any hifi equipment which plays computer made CDR/MP3 audio?

Got a lot of really good downloaded mp3 and realplayer audio,mostly soundsystem sets on my computer!
It's not a problem to transfer them to CDR on the computer CD writer drive.But heres the problem I need something high quality to play them back on except the the computer.

I've tried using a new Panasonic DVD player hooked up to my hifi,but the quality was really poor lacking bass and sound thin and tinny sounding [like it's coming from a kitchen radio]. It's not the recording because it sounds excellent on the computer!
Well I'm not looking for digital quality sound,but something that sounds acceptable with good bass.Even the MP3 and realplayer audio recorded at normal CDR speed not MP3 sounded really crap and thin on the DVD player.
Wonder why on the computer it sounds excellent but on the DVD player it sounds really crap.It can't be burnt poorly because I've tried those discs on the computer and sounded great.

So the DVD player must be designed really crap,if it says it can support MP3 and CDR and CDRW,but then they sound extremely crap on them.
But it's NOT something wrong with dvd player,as DVD's sound great,but audio cds do not!
So someone help me please,I'm sick of this poor sound the DVD player gives on Audio CDs,CDR and MP3

Old 30th April 2004, 06:43 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

have you try hooking up the computer to the sound system. It's real easy
Daniel
Old 2nd May 2004, 02:06 PM   #3
speaker is offline speaker  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Any hifi equipment which plays computer made CDR/MP3 audio?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bull

But it's NOT something wrong with dvd player,as DVD's sound great,but audio cds do not!

So even non-MP3, regular audio CD's sound bad on your combi-DVD? Or is it only CD's burned with MP3 data for the combi-DVD player to decode that sound bad?

speaker

Hide this!Advertise here!