Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 9th April 2004, 11:23 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default terrorist?

hi
heard something on tv yesterday. i don't remember who said that but i will try to translate the best i can. "Why you terrorist strapping bomb on your chest to blow yourself and the restaurant in that nerbourhood?"" Because we don't have the power and the money to have an army. Give us airplane, tank, destroyer, etc and we will be able to blow the whole city and the restaurant!"
p.s. FBI,CIA,RCMP, i'm not that terrorist, i only know that is dead!

Daniel-A.

Old 9th April 2004, 11:26 PM   #2
Account Disabled

Default Re: terrorist?

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel-A
Give us airplane, tank, destroyer, etc and we will be able to blow the whole city and the restaurant!"

Daniel-A.

and some of us still wonder why we should control the proliferation of WMD?

Old 9th April 2004, 11:39 PM   #3
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Lovely regard for human life.

Old 10th April 2004, 02:20 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

instead of destroying human life maybe we should destroy all massive destruction arm!
what is wmd is it the same thing?
daniel-a

Old 10th April 2004, 02:45 AM   #5
Account Disabled

Quote:
instead of destroying human life maybe we should destroy all massive destruction arm!

absolutely.

Let's also not forget about cancer, aids, hunger, unhappiness, divorce, poverty, flood, overcast, rainy days, too cold, too hot, too much water, too little water, not enough sunshine, too much sunshine, you name.

The point?

None of us work in a world where we have unlimited resources to make everything perfect. We would love to live in a world where everyone loves everybody else.

But we don't. so we strive for the 2nd best solution: we try to prevent the bad guys from gaining access to wmd. You will ask who decides who is bad and who is good.

Power does that. In some of the dark days the bad guys had control over their equivalent of wmd. that''s sad.

Now, we can only hope that a rationale and hopefully stable state holds the power. Is the US perfect? far from it. Will I sleep better if the US holds WMD vs. if OBL does? you bet.

Old 10th April 2004, 04:33 AM   #6
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
what is wmd is it the same thing?
daniel-a
If only life were that simple!

Old 10th April 2004, 06:01 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default terrorist ?

Hi all !

In the sixties here in Portugal ,we had an fascist dictator
Salazar who called terrorists to the African freedoom movements .
Today we see Israel calling terrorists to those who fight the way
they can their land's occupation .

We see USA invading arab countries without permission to " free" and " teach" democracy ( hope not in Latin America's way ) and we feel that these alibis are designed to achieve other targets at the cost of this river of blood we are watching .

What i feel tragic and freightning is to observe that about fifty percent of the Americans agreed , understands , and are ready to fight terrorism the way Ariel Sharon does " an eye for an eye , a teeth for a teeth " The jews and his bible that belongs to anthropology to me . We all know the human kind must have evoluted enough to solve these problems another way .

1st . We dont need petrol anymore , we have electric power .

2nd . We cannt agree but we must respect other peoples way

of life . ( Good . Don't need to kill more indians and that
you know already )

Lets pray for the USA to have a decent President.

Let us pray !!!

Old 10th April 2004, 11:32 AM   #8
Account Disabled

Default Re: terrorist ?

Quote:
Originally posted by TugaTweaker
1st . We dont need petrol anymore , we have electric power .

but where does electricity come from?

Quote:
2nd . We cannt agree but we must respect other peoples way
of life . ( Good . Don't need to kill more indians and that
you know already )

what if that "lifestyle" means you have to live their lifestyle?

Old 10th April 2004, 12:48 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default terrorist?

...but where does electricity come from?

Millwood . Its time to clean our planet or mankind will perish .
Nuclear power must be used peacefully by all , including arabs .
Or you mean they are suspicious ? Who used it a time in Hiroshima can use it again more likely . Its the killer instinct you know .

...what if that "lifestyle" means you have to live their lifestyle?

You mean the american lifestyle ?! ... Those who aren't with us are against us ...
Why bother fighting talibans , when dogma, censorship , lies and propaganda are beeing apllied with sucess (more than 50% rate) to the american people .

Old 10th April 2004, 01:42 PM   #10
Account Disabled

Default Re: terrorist?

Quote:
...but where does electricity come from?

Millwood . Its time to clean our planet or mankind will perish .
Nuclear power must be used peacefully by all , including arabs .

the bulk of the electricity is generated via either coal (a huge pollutant generator) or oil fired power plants (petro in other words), or gas turbines (a petro-like product). It is ignorant to say that we don't need petro because we have electricity,

Quote:
Or you mean they are suspicious ? Who used it a time in Hiroshima can use it again more likely . Its the killer instinct you know .

I am all for the use of nuclear bombs in Hiroshima. To me, they saved a lot of lives (Japanese, Americans and others) by bringing the war to a speedy end. My only regret is that it was used earlier. I would point to Hiroshima as examples where if properly used WMD can save lives.

Looking back to the years of cold wars, I think had not been for the davastating destructive power of the necluear weapons of the USSR and US (and their understanding of what a war would have meant to each), we might have a few more world wars in between those years.

Plus, the complete weakening of Europe plays a key role here: afterall, those guys had started two world wars in a short few decades.

Of course, the Americans are 100% responsible for the European's inability to keep firing at each other.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!