Bringing the truth...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
i remember some picture on radio-canada tv of women having lost there child after a usa attack. she was not crying and the reporter keep saying "it showed how these people suffer with saddam hussein, they can not even cry there child"

Hmm i dont find that statment true, maybe the woman was in shock! How do we know that she was ever a victim of Sadam? Not all wer.

As ive stated before, dont beleive the media on all that you hear, the truth is coming out slowly but surley, now that some time has passed, and there are quite afew media coverages that are obviously lies being brought to the surface.

We are only alowed to see what our goverment alows us to see, this also includes covering up the TRUTH!

Trev

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
ace3000_1 said:

I dont find this a problem, i find France being racist in the way that they are banning the headscaf.

I am not sure if it is racist as the policy affects muslims of all color / race.

It is, in my view, bigotry and intolerance towards a minority religion. it is undemocratic and anti-diversity. scarves aren't just a religious symbol to the muslims but also part of their cultures. to the muslim, banning scarves is as much as banding steaks or suits for the French or American.

It is scary that the scarf ban was supported overwhelmingly in France. Think about what horrible things those people could do if they were the superpower of the world.

Wait, where did the French experiment with their nuclear weapons?

:)

Some precisions.

There is absolutely no racism in saying that headscaf is not allowed at school. The law is clear in France. You are not allowed to wear any sign of religeous, political or philosophical belonging. That means no headscaf, but also no crosses and no kippa. The law is not directed torward the muslims.

The idea behing this is that children are very easely influenced by the power of the group. Children don t have the point of view of adults. They have no distance to the religeous fact. The school is not the place to teach religion. It s just a way to insure neutrality. In parallel religions are discussed as historical facts.

Our views of the religion are very different. For instance I cannnot understand who it is possible that your president is praying before meetings of the governement, or refering to God every two sentences. How can he be the president of muslims, jews or lay people. French neutrality regarding religion in the political buisness is a way to deal with the many different religions. I dont know if t s the best way, but it s one way.

Also saying that France is racist is as stupid as saying that US is stupid because Bush is not a genius. General statements like these are not only wrong, they are dangerous.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
I have to agree with akira, the French moves to divide religion and state should be applauded. This whole thing has been blown out of all proportion by minorities, ( both left wing, right wing, and religious), with their own divisive agenda, and is not representative of the general population.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
Sure racist was the wrong word, it stretches as far as my vocabulary goes at that time of day posting that, but surley there is a big problem in this world, and that is people accepting others for who they are.

I dont live in France so i dont know france nor what the people are like, but however that was my first impressions , and not only mine, when we heard about the head scaff.

Trev

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
akira said:
You are not allowed to wear any sign of religeous, political or philosophical belonging.

but how can you save the scarf is a religeous symbol? for every muslim who wears it, I can also find a muslim who doesn't.

wedding rings have its origins in religion as well. do we ban them too?

What I read about the whole fiasco is that apparently muslim activism is very much of a concern in France. A jewish kid was taunted and had to leave school by his mostly muslim classmates. incidents like that reinforced the general public's believe that the role of muslim should be minimized.

Maybe you have better information on that.

akira said:
For instance I cannnot understand who it is possible that your president is praying before meetings of the governement, or refering to God every two sentences.

well, that's his personal belief and I have no problem seeing him needing that. I have enough trust in our political system not to be bothered by that.

I am an atheist myself btw.

I mean, we have not found one thing in the world that the US is not responsible about : the genocide in Rwanda, red spots on the mars, WW2, nazi germany, Diana's death, flood in the Amazon, dying pandas in China, proliferation of Beyond, fire at the uranium city hospital, the potato plague, IRA, you just name it.

Wait, the bunnies in my backyard are multiplying like crazy. The US must have done it.

nice things usa are responsible: great high end audio product, computer, real football ( sorry european!!!;)),Disney...

thing you are leader: dead penalty, citizen killed by gun, war, invasion of other countries, war industries with united kingdom and canada....

the one thing you're definitly not responsible: peace!!!
Daniel-a

you are absolutely right. the USSR would have collapsed all by itself, and the Nazis would have conqurered the whole Europe and the Japanese the Asian countries .

Luckily we had ussr who was the first to inflict lost to hitler.
Sadely the collapsed of ussr open the door to the usa to imposed their war power over the world.
And the japanese have conquered the economic world by selling us cheap stuff that most occidental are happy to buy.
What have change?
hitler then bush and sharron now...
german concentration camp then american now.
daniel-a

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
Daniel-A said:
you are absolutely right. the USSR would have collapsed all by itself, and the Nazis would have conqurered the whole Europe and the Japanese the Asian countries .

Luckily we had ussr who was the first to inflict lost to hitler.
Sadely the collapsed of ussr open the door to the usa to imposed their war power over the world.
And the japanese have conquered the economic world by selling us cheap stuff that most occidental are happy to buy.
What have change?
hitler then bush and sharron now...
german concentration camp then american now.
daniel-a

sounds like you would be happier living under the Nazi, :)

And the us presisent beloved by all europeans William Jefferson Clinton did nothing. Not to mention he had inteligence information beforehand and chose to ignore it. As much as you would like this to reflect on Bush it doesn't. However it puts our country in a catch 22. Sadam also practiced genocide if you remember.Im not saying our country is perfect. I just would like to know why it is our fault if we son't do anything and we are dirty scoundrels if we do????

the base on what is judged if you do right or wrong is WHAT you do, not if you do anything. At the moment the judgement can´t be good because what your forces do in iraq and elswere is agressive and against international laws and geneva convention. The killing of civilian person can´t be side effect anymore, it is done by puprose and with some system behind. You keep on throwing bombs on the occupied citys. This is crime following to geneva.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.