Off topic, anyone in Idaho???

Afternoon everyone,
Just wondering if we have some folks from Idaho. My wife has accepted a position at the Cascade Medical Center Hospital and starts the first week of December. Me being an IT guy will continue working from home since I access my clients servers remotely anyway. Any good old electronics places in the state?

Ray

sorry but i don't think so

Spokane is the nearest big city for hundreds of miles and even it sucks for electronics hobbyists.
Pretty much everything is internet nowadays.

I used to live in North Idaho and in Spokane. I once wasted a few afternoons trying to get some basic electronic parts quick and eventually gave up and just used the internet.

I am continuing the thread. Hello from currently sunny Boise ID. Relatively new to the DIY hobby. Several projects in process and looking to learn clean point to point soldering, particularly when multiple connections are to the same point. I will echo the comment on the dearth of electronics brick and mortar retailers. A-Gem Electronics in Caldwell ID has some hifi applicable supplies, but is mostly geared to communications and security applications.

A-Gem Electronics in Caldwell ID

I miss brick and mortar electronics supply stores. When I was in high school I used to ride my bike to Kelsea Electronics on South Pulaski in Chicago. You could order any electronic component on earth there, and they had a very extensive stock. Old Man Kelsea himself used to yell at me when I bought stuff he thought was beyond my abilities, like the time I ordered 3 CA3140 op amps @ $12.50 apiece in 1974 dollars ("Those are expensive chips to just burn up" he was mad!).