Off Topic Optics Question... Buying a Spotting Scope

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking at buying a spotting scope for deer hunting this year. I hunt the North Dakota Badlands and the typical shot is AT LEAST 300 yards. I'd like to go no higher than about $325. I've found several that seem to be what I'm looking for. I've also seen some under $100 that have hundreds of 4-5 star ratings on Amazon. Any suggestions, especially based on experience?
I also need to get a good tripod for it. Any advice on one would also be great!
Thanks,
Mike

Not a hunter, but I would skip the amazon reviews for anything technical.

The difference between $50 and $150 will probably be huge, but the difference between $150 and $300 is likely more subtle. Better coatings and flatter fields. Better eye relief, etc...

Best to try several out at the same time - buy at a brick and mortar.
This looks nice, no Idea of the optical performance
Meade Wilderness 20-60x80mm Waterproof Zoom Spotting Scope | Telescope.com: Meade

Not a hunter, but I would skip the amazon reviews for anything technical.

The difference between $50 and $150 will probably be huge, but the difference between $150 and $300 is likely more subtle. Better coatings and flatter fields. Better eye relief, etc...

Best to try several out at the same time - buy at a brick and mortar.
This looks nice, no Idea of the optical performance
Meade Wilderness 20-60x80mm Waterproof Zoom Spotting Scope | Telescope.com: Meade

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.