Schumann Resonances

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Since there is a method for measuring...

Wonder how much those audiophile generators can generate compared to what is already in the air

If the antenna is wide bandwidth enough, perhaps even measure how pure those artificially generated versions are.

Last edited:
The L will go towards zero on the coil as the freq goes towsrds zero..... as will Q. Thus fall off of response at low freq detection.... shown as lowered level at lower freqs compared to higher freqs.

THx-RNMarsh

Actually, the L will go to it's DC value at zero frequency, that is defined by the geometry and is not zero.

The induced voltage most certainly tends to zero, I think that's what you meant to say..

-N dB/dt, N being number of turns.

John

Having not sat down to write the equations out, my gut instinct (subject to being VERY wrong) would be that a change from 7.8 Hz to 7 Hz would require a bit more than seasonal/local fluctuations in the ionosphere. And Google has been utterly crippled by, ahem, on the entire subject.

And, yes, Bonsai, I think my visit to Wikipedia on the matter was around 18:33 Pacific standard time on Feb 16th. :D

Having not sat down to write the equations out, my gut instinct (subject to being VERY wrong) would be that a change from 7.8 Hz to 7 Hz would require a bit more than seasonal/local fluctuations in the ionosphere.

People who listened to short wave radio may have unknowingly gathered a lot of evidence that the altitude of the Ionosphere, which is given here
Tracking Solar Flares
as 46-621 miles, can wander around quite a bit.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I cut and pasted portions from post #14 links, where the variation in frequency of the lower S.W. modes is discussed, the 1st mode in particular.

George

Attachments

• SW.PNG
    SW.PNG
    467.5 KB · Views: 116
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I think I'll try the larger loop as in the article and substitute the pre-amp with one of the newer IA parts like the AD8229 to see if I get better results.

This is it from the Italian garden (manageable sizes)
www.vlf.it - ELF Minimal Loop

This a the macho version (*)
ICS101 - Induction Coil

I know you wouldn’t like to think of large coils at least when you started, but you know how things are going (“let’s do it properly:D)
I think that your involvement with the digital domain RIAA correction, will help you here design the necessary corrections implemented in DSP for using less than optimal coils (**)

I would like to read your design considerations (priorities) regarding the coil preamplifier
Design of High-Performance Magnetic Field Sensors

George

(*) and unfortunately as I read, a two ground prods receiver, resolves all kinds of man made and nature’s signals, except of S.W.

(**) As you may have noticed reading the papers, many observation laboratories focus their attention on the 2nd and higher modes, not on the 1st S.W mode. I can’t say that this is totally unrelated to the extremely large capturing area coils required for reliably receiving the 1st mode.

Last edited:
Joined 2002
Paid Member
So, is this what Tesla was trying to excite for energy transfer when he burned up the dynamos at Niagra Falls?

We are heading to the wall :D
As it seems, he envisioned to transmit energy in the form of LF (20kHz-50kHz) oscillations through the channel formed by the earth surface and ionosphere layers
"The Transmission of Electrical Energy Without Wires" by Nikola Tesla
"The Disturbing Influence of Solar Radiation On the Wireless Transmission of Energy" by Nikola Tesla

The only source of information that can be trusted as non paraphernalia, is his patent documents.
The patents which can be relevant to such a transmitting scheme are found on pages 8 to 10
https://teslauniverse.com/nikola-tesla/patents

645576, 649621, 685012, 685953-6, 787412, 1119732 category Wireless
685957-8 category Radiant Energy

George

Attachments

• NT.PNG
    NT.PNG
    114 KB · Views: 118
They are working on the Tesla museum now. I suspect they will not be allowed to duplicate the tower, code issues. (that would be soooo cool) They are figuring out the underground structures at the moment, I thing they're worrying about groundwater contamination and hazardous materials around the primary coils.

They've done lots of landscaping and clearing away of stuff between the buildings and the road, but so far I've not seen any work on the buildings themselves.

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.