Einstein still wrong - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th February 2016, 09:50 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Einstein still wrong

Stuck in the hospital, bored, waiting for my newborn to be discharged, so I thought about being proactive and starting a thread about LIGO results being wrong and General Relativity being incorrect. Have at it.
Old 11th February 2016, 10:23 PM   #2
sesebe is offline sesebe  Romania
diyAudio Member

OK...some mathematical demonstration of these assumption's....?
Old 11th February 2016, 10:35 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Ah yes, Scott predicted this.

Congrats on Sproglet.
Old 11th February 2016, 10:43 PM   #4
Bonsai is offline Bonsai  England
diyAudio Member

Dynamic range of the measurements 10 to the 22 IIUC ( if I understand correctly) according to the guy on TV tonight. That's about 460 dB.

The Kalman filters must have been working overtime on that one.
Old 11th February 2016, 10:51 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai View Post
The Kalman filters must have been working overtime on that one.
Or, at least some form of nonlinear filtration. Dunno if Kalman is the right one here (point legitimate nonetheless).
Old 11th February 2016, 11:01 PM   #6
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadbelly View Post
so I thought about being proactive
<snip>
Have at it.
We want you to tell us more. I was excited to hear about this. Don't make me sad Tony.

Hey - Congrats on the little one! 10 fingers, 10 toes? ...and how about the Mrs?
Old 11th February 2016, 11:04 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Weldon View Post
We want you to tell us more. I was excited to hear about this. Don't make me sad Tony.

Hey - Congrats on the little one! 10 fingers, 10 toes? ...and how about the Mrs?
Thanks. All good, no complications, both mom and baby good. Just waiting for 1st poop, they won't discharge until then.
Old 11th February 2016, 11:31 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Weldon View Post

Oh, were you also asking about thread topic? I was just being sarcastic as usual.
Old Yesterday, 01:07 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

The patent clerk... thought about things like riding alongside a beam of light, 111 years later we're still finding out he was mostly right. Not so much with g(G)od playing dice, but as the audiophools would say, several significant veils were removed. He stood on the shoulders of giants who stood on the shoulders of giants - I guess you can see pretty far from up there. Albert rocked!
Old Yesterday, 01:35 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billshurv View Post
Ah yes, Scott predicted this.

Congrats on Sproglet.
Yes good luck for sure. As far as I can tell they recorded the chirp from rotating/collapsing black holes as predicted and even estimated the sizes and where it was. This is a real slam dunk guaranteed to start a s**tstorm. Time for KBK's input.

Sort of like yes the climate can change just ask the Neanderthals frozen in the last ice age.

Last edited by scott wurcer; Yesterday at 02:05 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!