Telepathy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll be waiting for test results from the James Randi Challenge - oops, as best as I can read this page (there seems to be some weaseling in the last paragraph), they're not doing it anymore:
JREF Status - JREF

What a shame, the girl and those involved could have won a million dollars.

But as the OP's article is over a year old (dated Aug 27, 2014) and I've not heard about this ... surely it's not being suppressed??!?

So poking around, I found this (the ireport thing is NOT CNN reporters, it's random people who submit stuff:
The Rising Cases Of Telepathy In Autism - Why Are The Scientists Ignoring This Fact ? - CNN iReport

Too bad Sue Blackmore retired so many years ago, I think she would have enjoyed getting to the bottom of this. Here's her "I Quit" letter:

Dr. Susan Blackmore

Not about telepathy.....

I have a friend who has an autistic daughter. She is now about 18 years old. She goes to a special school. Repeats things meaninglessly sometimes and talks rubbish at times. Most times she will not look at the person she is saying something to. In her special school they teach cooking also. She apparently cooks very well!
Sometime last year while they were sitting at home and talking between themselves ( the family) about holidays and someone said " what day is 24th Dec !" ( I don't remember the exact date !) . The youngest sibling piped up and said She can tell you ! Everybody was taken aback. So the young one asked her what it was and she told them the correct day. Apparently the younger sibling and her friends had known about this for a while ! They found out accidentally .
So the father made a list of dates from the early 1900's to beyond 2020 and asked her to say what days they were. From a list of about 20 dates she made 2 mistakes and upon being told they were wrong she corrected them instantly.

How could she possibly do this ? They had some difficulty finding out from her how she did it. Apparently she 'sees them' in her mind ( instantly )! Meaning she can see the calendar past, present and future ! But there is something special about her . I can't say what , but she's not just autistic , I feel she is psychic too. We have a good rapport but not as in 'ordinary humans' ! I can't find the right words to describe it.

Now about telepathy !

The ancient belief that ALL humans ( And inanimate objects!) are connected all the time via energy links is still being debated. A lot of people are accepting it as it explains a lot of 'as yet' unexplained phenomena.

If you read about the 'genome theory' , the scientists said there was a connection between every single independent body cell and the mind and that it's activity depended on the state of one's mind. This isn't just speculation but observed under lab conditions also. This connection they said wasn't 'through' the body ! It was direct and most likely an 'energy' link that we can't sense as of now. Well, we don't understand it as yet and so sensing it with instruments is unlikely.

Under the same concept is the ancient explanation for knowledge and memory. Everyone's memory though individual is interconnected with everyone else. Some can bridge it ....mind reading ? Supposed to be like a mesh or a 'Net' on a grand scale ! This conveniently explains how people can remember everything from a NDE situation even though the brain is electrically inactive during that period. In many cases the patients were connected to machines monitoring every miniscule activity of the brain. So it's something that's been observed but not understood.

BIG subject with lots of pros and cons and worth trying to understand. If we do we will finally understand where we are eventually headed and why ! :)
We certainly don't have an answer for that now !

WAT?

Sent from my GT-I8200 using Tapatalk

Well, when we chop up sentences they can result in conflicting statements , like this one.

I wrote:
"...This isn't just speculation but observed under lab conditions also. This connection they said wasn't 'through' the body ! It was direct and most likely an 'energy' link that we can't sense as of now. Well, we don't understand it as yet and so sensing it with instruments is unlikely...."

What was observed was the behaviour of the cells.
What couldn't be observed was the way the communications took place.
I thought that this was quite clear in what I wrote. :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
One thing I can say,

is the more I learn about everything the less sense any of it makes.
From matter and energy<<both the same thing. To life/death and the universe.

The above isn't an idle comment its backed up with a lot of thought.

There is only what there is, there is nothing more!

Everything means nothing and nothing is everything!

When someone touches us we feel it, the feeling is energy based.
When we talk we feel the meaning also energy based.
When we love or hate its energy based.
When we dream its energy based.
When we live or die its energy based.

Can touch transfer energy (who knows)
Do I believe in telepathy..I didn't..Now I'm not sure.
Most of it seems like a wild guess..most of it "like in the tabloids" is just rubbish.
However I believe there is more..and before we go off at a tangent...I'll just talk to my self before I go to sleep have a meal or go to the toilet..:D
I don't well maybe before I go to the toilet..on the odd occasion.
How many people in a life or death situation ask for help from an unseen force..(well it can't hurt can it).
Telepathy the transmitting of information by thought alone..:D

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
What would a conference for people with telepathic power look like? They would just move around speaking nothing ?

Some years ago, I checked into a hotel where there was a psychics' convention going on. Big signs everywhere. I asked the woman registering me for my room, "Why do you need signs?" She looked somewhat confused.

Here's her "I Quit" letter:

Dr. Susan Blackmore

Much of this looks eerily familiar. Especially the post hoc rationalizations of why the claimed effects couldn't be seen experimentally.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Much of this looks eerily familiar. Especially the post hoc rationalizations of why the claimed effects couldn't be seen experimentally.

Its a very long resignation letter..:D

I'll agree with the resignation..it seems impossible to prove anything. A lot of what is talked about is obvious rubbish.
It is either scientific truth or complete *******. (I'm still out there is something weird, we shouldn't be here at all)
And I still have to accept what I have experienced. I can question it all I want, but..(and I question it all the time)

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
What would a conference for people with telepathic power look like? They would just move around speaking nothing ?

That's an interesting question,

Assuming its not called reality..The blue pill or the red one..its interesting..(when I die I wake up :D)
Its been approached in vanilla Sky, the matrix etc..total recall...before you can answer the quote you need to answer what is reality.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Some years ago, I checked into a hotel where there was a psychics' convention going on. Big signs everywhere. I asked the woman registering me for my room, "Why do you need signs?" She looked somewhat confused.
:)
I have a friend who has an autistic daughter.
I have great regard for Autistic and Dyslexic. Specially children. "Tare zameen par' was a wonderful movie to spread awareness. But I doubt if telepathy is same.
Regards.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I remember Michio Kaku saying,

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from divinity.

Obviously a word play on Auther C..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke's_three_laws

However how difficult is it to create telepathy in modern science?
Even if these things don't exist, I believe we will create them.

Biological computer and genetic engineering..we are only talking the transmission medium. Its interesting that we haven't tried to somehow link one brain to another..perhaps the dongle will be brain>>computer>>>brain.

With that you could connect to a dying person and experience death then analyse it...then we would know.

That brings another issue if telepathy can take place then you could experience death..and as before you would know.
The veil of ignorance will lift even if it brings bad or good news! Think of the implications..of both sides of the coin.

Telepathy is the number one requirement for any Psychic belief or ideas..that includes most if not all belief.
If power cannot be transmitted or have an effect to transmit outside the human form (or animals) then you can forget the rest!

The only reason I can think of that Telepathy could exist but not be possible to prove or detect, is it takes place not within the four dimensions we use.
(Sound like a good excuse doesn't it :D) However that would mean part of us is transdimensional..but that's make believe.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.