Weed and music - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st March 2015, 03:35 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Weed and music

I hope I don't offend anyone with my topic, but I smoke weed in a state where legal(according to state law) and I thought it would be a great topic since one of the most prominent effects of weed is the enhancement of senses and I assumed I can't be the only person that loves speakers and smokes weed.

Personally I know audiophiles that are interested in the sound, the smoothness the accuracy, the soundstage etc. etc. they care about the sound quality but the only reason I ever got into speakers and audio (besides loving watching the big subs in my dads infinitys create earthquakes) was getting more immersed into the music I love. I don't care as much about the recording quality of music because I'm there to enhance the music I love, not to find music that sounds good on my speakers. Though it is fun to occasionally show off how accurate a good sound system can be

Anyways when I smoke before listening, I find I get much more immersed into the music and really the experience and almost seem thrown into the soundstage. I can also seem to notice subtle effects in the music easier.

It's hard to explain to someone who has never smoked before but anyways I wanted to see if anyone else on here enjoys a little of the green before listening to music. And I hope I haven't offended anyone or anything of the sort with my topic or broken any rules. It just seemed like a thread worthy topic at least in my opinion.
Old 21st March 2015, 04:22 PM   #2
Cassiel is offline Cassiel  Libya
diyAudio Member

Default To bong, or not to bong.

Sometimes my mind becomes the recording desk and every instrument has its own track. Super powers? I say yes.
Old 21st March 2015, 04:57 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Definitely get that feeling like all of the different instruments/tracks that make up the song come to life and each layer separates and is distinguishable.

Unfortunately sometimes I notice more negative things too like distortion etc can become more apparent. And I'll get stuck on those and wont be able to forget about it lol
Old 21st March 2015, 06:05 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Personally about the only way I seriously listen to Pink Floyd is with a good buzz on. The music sounds so much better...

Bob
Old 21st March 2015, 06:53 PM   #5
DrDyna is online now DrDyna  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard Bob View Post
Personally about the only way I seriously listen to Pink Floyd is with a good buzz on. The music sounds so much better...

Bob
A doobie might just be the number one budget sound quality tweak there is, haha!
Old 21st March 2015, 07:04 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

When i listen to music now through my new DIYaudio set up I feel the same as I did when I did

Last edited by Macfixer; 21st March 2015 at 07:12 PM.
Old 21st March 2015, 07:05 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDyna View Post
A doobie might just be the number one budget sound quality tweak there is, haha!
Old 21st March 2015, 07:15 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfixer View Post
When i listen to music now through my new DIYaudio set up I feel the same as I did when I did
Trust me when I say as much as DIYaudio sounds better than other lesser stereos, smoking a little and then listening to my DIYaudio is that much better. It's definitely an experience.
Old 21st March 2015, 07:16 PM   #9
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I have been told that this happens at concerts, too. Since I live in a state where such things are highly illegal, my knowledge is just theoretical, of course.
Old 21st March 2015, 07:29 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Theoretical, of course. Same here btw but a good friend told me that music and weed is a marriage made in heaven and certainly more than the sum of its parts.

Hide this!Advertise here!