Are you going to be living forever?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment

Jeanne Calment used to eat 1kg of chocolate a week. She died in 1997 at the age of 122.

Calment ascribed her longevity and relatively youthful appearance for her age to a diet rich in olive oil[4] (which she also rubbed onto her skin), as well as a diet of port wine, and ate nearly one kilogram (2.2 lb) of chocolate every week. She also credited her calmness, saying, "That's why they call me Calment."[18] Calment reportedly remained mentally intact until her very end.
Mexican woman Leandra Becerra Lumbreras, 127 years of age, also eats lots of chocolate.
127-year-old said to be ‘the oldest person to ever live’ | New York Post

She enjoys eating foods such as chocolate, beans, tortillas and milk. Despite her age, and her tendency to sleep for three days at a time, she has surprisingly good health.
Coincidence? I think not.

The big question on my mind is however, what kind of chooclate is it? Dark or Milk? Milk contains lots of sugar so I'm thinking that it might be high-coco content.

Last edited:
What gives you the idea that any of this is real?

Reality? I try to maintain a grip of it but sometimes it just slips away.

As for what gives me an idea that any of this is real is that I believe the notion that I'm a bag of water surrounded by bacteria and cells and that this world is what I'm physically inside of and can interact with.

Which kind of makes sense when you combine copper (high-coco content chocolate) with gut bacteria, maybe that is the key to long life. I would've thought that killing all of the gut bacteria (good and bad bacteria) would be a bad thing.

As for believing little old ladies, well, I've met a few liers in my time but its not only pretty rare these women also have very little to gain from lying about this, in addition to that some of them have very good documentation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment#Verification

Exceeding any other longevity case reported, Calment establishes the record as the most-verifiable supercentenarian ever recorded. Beginning with the 1876 census (Calment is listed as a one-year old), she was indexed within fourteen census documents until 1975 (conducted sometime after she celebrated her 100th birthday). She was still managing independently at the time.

Last edited:
Some years ago, european communauty because of lobby's pressure (Nestle, Danone, etc) allowed to put 5% of vegetale grease in the chocolate with the mention 100% chocolate... I believe if Jeanne Calmant woul be alive yet, she could not survive more than 6 months with those new chocolate ! killed by the chocolate or the miss of money !

Indeed, artisanal chocolate can a really 100% maid with chocolate but stay expensive... well chocolate of south america, central america and from some carabians island stay the best for high end artisanal chocolate !

To love it, like the good food, I can testimonie than the danger of the chocolate is not to wait the liberation of a too much long life but from waiting an another liberation !

Would be very surprised that Jeanne eated so much than 1 kg per week !

So a little quantity each day is advised ! :crying:

Genghis, who is an ancestor of Woody writed :

"Immortality is a sort of dictarorship of life against the death. Being alive and dictator, I have to become immortal, and I will do it even if I have to die for ! But sure it could be easier if I can find chocolate"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.