Ordinary WATER as a medicine. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th September 2014, 08:25 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Ordinary WATER as a medicine.

I've had two problems lately. BP that started to climb significantly for no obvious reason and difficulty in reducing my weight as I'm about 15 Kg heavier than I should be. Both started creating discomfort and other problems.

So I again started reading about "water therapy" for solving these issues. I've known about the method for many years but didn't try it out as it appeared too simplistic. However I was now entering dangerous territory with the possibility of having serious problems ultimately and have a great fear of getting stuck with popping alopathic pills !

This is what one is supposed to do. Drink 1 liter of water first thing after getting up in the morning and having one's morning pee. One should not wash one's mouth or face. Soap (or anything else) should not contaminate the water you drink. Then for 45 minutes after that you should not eat or drink anything. That's it.
For those who have difficulty in the beginning , you can drink 500ml ( about 2 glasses) of water for a couple of weeks then increase it slowly till you can drink 1 liter within 10 minutes. Note that it is plain water. Nothing is to be added to it. Must be free of chlorine etc.

Well I have been doing this for 6 weeks now. My BP has come back to normal and is stable and I have already lost 3 Kg ! I walk 45 minutes almost every day and have not changed my usual food habits.

Those who might want to try it out can look it up on the Web. It really works.
Those already on BP tabs might have to drop their dosage slowly every couple of weeks as the BP keeps falling significantly. In stages from 1 to 1/2 to 1/4 to 1/8 and then none. Each drop should last at least 2 weeks to help the body adjust to the different dosage.Trust it will work for most people. Do look it up on Google. Mine came down from a usual 145/100 to 128/82 ( +/- 5 points).Stays down even if I skip drinking water a couple of days !

My alopathic doc is skeptical but can see what's happening and says if it works for you , go ahead and do it !

Note you mustn't drink too much water at one sitting. About 1.5 liters at one time is about the upper limit for most grownups . Beyond that it will lead to dangerous situations called water poisoning which can lead to death !

Most people I know who do this everyday drink between 600ml to 1liter. No one drinks more than 1 liter. It's hard to start drinking 1liter initially. Start with 500 ml and slowly increase till you reach your limit or 1 liter which ever comes first. Many people over here drink 4 glasses which is only 800ml. Still works.

Those who look it up on Google will find that it supposedly cures a host of other problems also ! It is supposedly an 'ancient treatment' for all kinds of ailments. Those 'ancient docs' are not around to elaborate on what all it can or cannot do !

Cheers.

Last edited by ashok; 10th September 2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10th September 2014, 12:54 PM   #2
expert in tautology
diyAudio Member

Is the walking new, or the same as before?

Also, I stay away from tap water, unfiltered.
Old 10th September 2014, 01:06 PM   #3
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok View Post
Those 'ancient docs' are not around to elaborate on what all it can or cannot do !
Yes, life expectancy in those days was low. A 30 year old was called "old man."

Walking for long periods can be very beneficial- it certainly helped my BP issues.
Old 10th September 2014, 01:34 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Bear: The walking is not new. Same as before. 45 mins each time and at least 5 days a week. Yes, we also don't use tap water. We buy large 20 liter drinking water cans.

Sy: Walking did lower my BP but not by very much. But I walked briskly for about 45 minutes totally ( 22.5 mins each way). Don't know how far that is. Maybe the walk should have been longer.

The current BP drop is huge. Sometimes the night time BP is 115/75 before going to bed! Never happened before. Something is happening.
In my hometown the older generation ( Great grand dad etc. ) lived a healthy life into their 80's and 90's ! It's the more recent generation that died earlier , like in their 50's and 60's. Main difference was that the more recent generation did not have the exercise the elders had. They walked everywhere . Maybe 20 to 30 Km in a day, every day. The newer generation had cars !

Last edited by ashok; 10th September 2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10th September 2014, 03:17 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I also had an increase in BP, doc put me on BP pills etc. I was a soccer referee working 4-5 games a week so I had lots of exercise. A year later I was urinating blood after refereeing a game. I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. The kidney tumour was pressing against the adrenalin gland causing the increase in BP. that was 3 years ago I am still ok.

Maybe because you are drinking so much water you no longer drink coffee or juices and soft drinks that have added sugar.
Old 10th September 2014, 05:21 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

No , I still drink tea twice a day with normal sugar. This water therapy supposedly cures some forms of cancer in 3 months or so ! I have no info on that. Until somebody I know tries it I will not know.
You have PM.
Cheers.
Old 10th September 2014, 05:45 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I just swill a 2liter DrPepper every morning in the car on the way to work.
A bad habit I should probably stop, given the way Snapple killed Dublin.

Just can't enjoy my drive with Coke, and Pepsi is simply vomitrocious...
Many of my friends suffering with morning vehicular drink dilemma have
switched to beer. Only ethical thing to do in this situation...

It cured my cancer.

Dentist measures BP in my right arm at 170, but only 135 on the left.
This happened more than once and I have to question her competence
to take a simple reading... Why go to a dentist to have BP measured?
I wouldn't even be using this lame-o, excepting she's only one that will
work with my crappy insurance.

Last edited by kenpeter; 10th September 2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10th September 2014, 06:26 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Considered water enemas ?
Old 10th September 2014, 07:52 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

In the car???

When I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

Last edited by kenpeter; 10th September 2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10th September 2014, 09:02 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpeter View Post
In the car???
Sure, why not, there's car poo seats nowadays.
Best a constipated 9-to-5 asz can get.

A beer enema is an interesting thought, sure beats a yoghurt one (with cornflakes).

Hide this!Advertise here!