What is the Universe expanding into..

Do you think there was anything before the big bang?

• I don't think there was anything before the Big Bang

Votes: 56 12.5%
  • I think something existed before the Big Bang

Votes: 200 44.7%
  • I don't think the big bang happened

Votes: 54 12.1%
  • I think the universe is part of a mutiverse

Votes: 201 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Neanderthal women could likely rip a homo sapiens apart, based on their higher muscle mass ratio, and leveraged heavy ligature loading points on their bones.
Well, that's completely ruined my fantasy! ;)

Attachments

• Female Neanderthal.jpg
    Female Neanderthal.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 109
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Don’t know if I mentioned this in an earlier post or not, but the best introductory set of books on physics is Motion Mountain by Dr. Christoph Schiller

Motion Mountain - The Captivating Free Physics Book

Best of all, you can download all 5 volumes as PDF’s for free. The web books have embedded videos and animations.

Seriously good resource that’s fun to read - minimal math, but it’s their if you need it.

End of plug :)

And for the bit more advanced:

The Feynman Lectures on Physics

Pure gold imo.
I have those three volumes in softcover, bought in the 1990s. Tried to read the part in Volume 1 to understand exactly why, when you turn the axis of a rotating wheel, you get a force 90 degrees to the one you're applying. It's what makes tops precess and such. Maybe I'm weak in calculus (had a couple courses in college, and I claim to remember the gist), or just don't quite understand what he's saying.

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have those three volumes in softcover, bought in the 1990s. Tried to read the part in Volume 1 to understand exactly why, when you turn the axis of a rotating wheel, you get a force 90 degrees to the one you're applying. It's what makes tops precess and such. Maybe I'm weak in calculus (had a couple courses in college, and I claim to remember the gist), or just don't quite understand what he's saying.

See the lecture on this by Prof Lewin of MIT - it’s on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.