Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd April 2014, 06:40 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Your funniest win or fail involving a high school GF ??

The wins can include bragging, but please also make your TRUE story amusing.... Fails are by definition hilarious.

Be considerate of the mods, who are still not sure how "the stork" always arrives at a correct address with new babies.

In other words, keep language PG rated.
Old 2nd April 2014, 05:09 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Was tongue kissed on (and by) very first date. Win or fail?
Old 2nd April 2014, 05:52 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Cher Jacques --

Even my ancient brain needed only one-millionth of a second to decide that your first date experience was definitely WIN....
Old 2nd April 2014, 07:17 PM   #4
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Dumb question: since this is an audio site, are you ever going to post something about audio?
Old 2nd April 2014, 07:38 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Sincere apology hereby offered, SY. You are right --no more Lounge type stuff until I get back on track.

The reason I started a few threads in that section is because DIY has a very smart and amusing bunch of contributors, and the struggle to succeed with majorly pleasing results in this hobby combining science & art, can be quite frustrating.

Having a chuckle helps me, at least, deal with setbacks.... In my defense, however, I have contributed to the member onni's "Help me design a speaker the wife likes" thread, and the one by Reggie about building rolling his own starting with an MTM configuration.

In both cases, the suggestions offered were based on my own 45 or so years as a dedicated dweeb pursuing musical truth in re-creation.
Old 2nd April 2014, 09:02 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephend1714 View Post
. . . In both cases, the suggestions offered were based on my own 45 or so years as a dedicated dweeb pursuing musical truth in re-creation.
So you tired of re-creation and started this thread related to pro-creation? And why limit it to G/F experiences? There may be some female girl persons of the opposite sex around here who would like to talk about amusing B/F experiences.

I didn't have anything like dates, much less G/F until the last month or two of High School. Then I had a relationship that lasted about 6 months. The closest thing to a funny event related to that was my younger siblings teasing me about my embarrassment when they drew attention to the fact, in a family setting, that I was holding her hand.

I guess the "wins" included first kiss, first love, first deep kiss, first dance. And learning to make love with a girl. Not full sex - I never fondled her, or saw her naked, and certainly never had sex with her. What I learned on her back porch and in her family room turned out to be very valuable four years later, when I had my second dating experience, with the girl who has been my wife for almost 40 years.

Dale
Old 2nd April 2014, 09:33 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hello again Dale --

Congrats on a marriage of nearly 40 years....

I am parachuting out of this Lounge thread, to go away and hide under a 20 ton boulder in Tennessee, when the rattlesnakes leave to get some sun.

Look for my much-more-relevant input and comments on "strictly related to DIY" topics. Perhaps SY is a merciful mod and in consequence of my noble reformed intentions won't ban me for life....
Old 3rd April 2014, 11:45 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Are you drunk?
Old 3rd April 2014, 01:32 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

No, 7n7is, just engaging in my typical "vivid writing" ...

Although as long as I am in Tennessee, it would be a good time to visit a whiskey distillery for some hooch. Any members want to recommend a good one?
Old 4th April 2014, 12:28 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

I thought it was funny when I recently read about totally drug resistant gonorrhea. There's very little talk about AIDS now for some reason, even if its one of the leading infetious disease killers in the world.

'Super gonorrhea' and other antibiotic-resistant bugs deemed urgent threat by CDC - NY Daily News

Gonorrhea is about to become impossible to treat | The Verge

Hide this!Advertise here!