help - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st December 2013, 04:08 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default help

so im new to electronics and I wanna build this 5000w amp, pls hlp tnx. E
Old 31st December 2013, 11:21 PM   #2
tvrgeek is offline tvrgeek  United States
diyAudio Member

I hope this was an early April First post.
Old 1st January 2014, 02:24 AM   #3
Banned

I strongly suspect mm is taking the p15s out of all of the newbies who post such ridiculous requests, who have no idea about electronics or audio, and who also only have a very fleeting grasp of their native language which is reflected in their very poor writing skills, usually full of text-speak.

Then again, I might be wrong? (But I doubt it.)

Last edited by Absconditus; 1st January 2014 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Additional line.
Old 2nd January 2014, 06:29 PM   #4
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

The OP left out the part where the newbie poster asks how to calculate component values and frequency poles but then admits that calculus, algebra and arithmetic are beyond him so could someone do the sums for him and just tell him the answer? At this point I am sometimes tempted to ask if he understands what the Y in DIY stands for, but that might appear rude so I usually keep quiet.

There is also the poster who has found (somewhere) a circuit for a headphone amp using a 12AT7 but asks if someone could help him convert it into a phono preamp using a 6DJ8. When we say that this is not easy we are accused of being ignorant or unhelpful.
Old 2nd January 2014, 07:27 PM   #5
godfrey is online now godfrey  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymoose View Post
I wanna build this 5000w amp
what kind of subs ru using? that kind of power is gonna be totally wasted unless its for something like a front loaded horn that goes down to at least 20Hz.....
Old 2nd January 2014, 09:10 PM   #6
sreten is offline sreten  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Project 117

rgds, sreten.
Old 3rd January 2014, 04:47 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Also forgot the part about how this is the final project for a college class and needs to be submitted by the end of next week . . . so please post responses in Microsoft WORD format to make it easy for copying into the final report.
Old 3rd January 2014, 10:25 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchisholm
Also forgot the part about how this is the final project for a college class and needs to be submitted by the end of next week
Curiously, that part of the request sometimes appears around post 15 when some of us have started asking awkward questions about the apparently strange requirements of this 'DIY' project. For example, it must use BJT alone or be exactly 3dB down at 22kHz or be more than 80% efficient.

For the benefit of any students reading this, we are happy to help you to understand audio electronics but most of us are not happy to help you to cheat in assignments. Tell us if it is an assignment; if you don't tell us we will probably spot it anyway but then we may suspect you are being dishonest. We will help you understand the problem and may suggest possible solutions but most of us won't do the work for you.
Old 3rd January 2014, 10:48 AM   #9
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

This isn't a student- mm is having some fun and running a bit of a sociological experiment.
Old 3rd January 2014, 11:15 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

The text-like spelling and missing punctuation were a bit of a giveaway from a regular forum member!

I would like to build a nuclear power station in my garden, but I have forgotten what little nuclear physics I once knew. Could somebody please help me? I don't know how to do a criticality calculation. I'm having trouble finding a supplier of suitable graphite blocks and boron-rich steel - do you think Mooser or Pharknell might stock them?

Hide this!Advertise here!