question about computer screen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Car window tint? In the "oldentimes" we used black stockings over our green CRT's as "anti-glare".

Have yu played with both brightness and contrast?

Unless you are looking at it in a very dark room, this seems hard to believe. If so, I recommend some ambient lighting. Granted, I am older and have cataracts, so everything is a bit dimer than you may see.

Car window tint? In the "oldentimes" we used black stockings over our green CRT's as "anti-glare".

Have yu played with both brightness and contrast?

Unless you are looking at it in a very dark room, this seems hard to believe. If so, I recommend some ambient lighting. Granted, I am older and have cataracts, so everything is a bit dimer than you may see.

it might be hard to believe but its true. I went to a store and tried adjusting the brightness on different laptops. They all have varying levels of adjustment. And the lowest setting is sometimes too bright. There are not enough steps.

Hi,

There is no such thing as a screen that is too bright, if contrast is correct.
That a screen is still too bright at its lowest settings is a bizarre concept.

Nothing exists to fix a problem that doesn't exist. The problem with
LCD screens is that they are not bright enough, not the opposite.

rgds, sreten.

Hi,

There is no such thing as a screen that is too bright, if contrast is correct.
That a screen is still too bright at its lowest settings is a bizarre concept.

Nothing exists to fix a problem that doesn't exist. The problem with
LCD screens is that they are not bright enough, not the opposite.

rgds, sreten.

why do you think that?

if it isnt bright enough for some people, why cant it be too bright for others? everyone has their own preference and acceptability. And the brightness cannot be adjusted continuously which means it can be too bright for some people.

Laptop LCDs are less adjustable then normal computer LCD's. They lack the brightness/contrast setting. I find most laptops too bright too, even at their lowest brightness setting. However, i can tone most computer monitors down enough.

Look at a little piece of software called F.lux
It adjusts the color temperature during the day according to the sunlight spectrum. It makes computing becomes so much easier on the eyes (if color correctness is not needed), especially dawn/dusk&nighttime

Well, the simplest option I see here is a good one; a gray stocking will dim your screen's output and will save you a couple of minutes rifling through your videocard settings (although that is still a very viable option) or installing third party software (also might work).

On the other hand, this is the first time I heard about a screen being too bright (and I've done quite a bit of IT-ing), but still, when I think about it; it can happen, on any screen.

So long story short: If you feel adventurous, browse a bit deeper in your videocard settings, install a tool for it, or try some stockings or diffusing paper (used in photography, but that might mess up screen focus)....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.