The best sounded cellphone... - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th October 2013, 11:48 PM   #11
ontoaba is offline ontoaba  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

I never use htc, may be the others could clarify. I ever use some samsung galaxy, but not for playing mp3. HTC desire HD looks like good speed android phone with HD camera. Good phone. I hope that I listen htc sometimes.

While using a headphone, the headphone itself has big portion to the quality.
Old 10th October 2013, 09:15 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Well, I choose my phones not for their sound or gadgets or software etc. I only look at the looks. That's why i've had a V3 razr for years, despite it being horribly impractical; it just looked looked sleek and stylish (all it needs to do was text and call, nowadays i'll want it to play music, have WiFi/internet and whatsapp, but that's basically it).

Anyway, back on track; I don't know how well my HTC's speaker performs compared to other phones, because I firmly believe that all phone speakers aren't good enough to do any music the least bit justice.
It does however have a surprisingly nice audio chip, however, I do have to point out again that I only have quite old MP3 players to compare it to.
I do however listen very carefully to any sound I hear, picking out inconsistencies and imperfections...

[edit]
Come to think of it: It's speaker does sound nice. I just realized I wake up every morning to 3 different songs it plays, since I also use it as an alarm clock... ^_^

Last edited by TehSmokeyMan; 10th October 2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10th October 2013, 11:50 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Yes you are right, a cellphone sound isn't perfect. Even n91 sound is much worse than my little speaker (2") with my little amp drive it.

But at least some type of cellphone is being mentioned here, including HTC desire HD, it may one of best sounded android phone, also the other specifications is looks good, good choice.
Old 11th October 2013, 10:32 AM   #14
Jay is offline Jay  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Polytron is a local audio company known for their low price hi-fi products. Imo, they really know about audio. That's why I think their cellphones might be very good.

Today I checked their availability in a shop nearby. Around $22. I already have too many players so I thought "may be later".
Old 11th October 2013, 11:37 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

What is the sound? It is chinese made isn't it? .
Old 12th October 2013, 05:07 AM   #16
Shaun is offline Shaun  South Africa
diyAudio Member

For what it's worth... iPhone 5S outputs just over 100mW into 8 ohms through its stereo jack. I dunno if it can sustain this with both channels loaded. In the test I did, the other channel had a 33R load.
Old 12th October 2013, 10:28 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Nowadays cellphones are getting worse in their sound quality compared to 90's cellphone, some more fatiguing, some more just working playing loud. For who like cellphone to playing mp3 without aditional mp3 player, it is difficult to choose the phone to buy. For example if we need good sounded android phone, we may try HTC.

Hide this!Advertise here!