You have never had it so good ! - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th October 2013, 11:03 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

One thing that also helps (at least in a backwater town like the one that I live in:
Totally abuse your buyers prejudices; for example, if I were to (finally) build (and bloody finish) an amp, the last thing I would do is to put it on ebay or any such site sice people around here think that everyone on ebay'll rip you off.
I'd build at least 3 amps, package them in a clean, sleek box, think up a snazzy name for the type, register a small company to sell them under a company name, and either find a shop that'll sell them or a band/musician to promote it (this will of course only work if the amp is built with attention to detail and produces an actual good sound).
People around these parts still believe in shops, they'll go for exclusive pricing, and if you'll craft a lot of the parts for yourself, it'll be hand-made, wich is a major selling point.

So thank god for down-to-earth people, that still appreciate a good piece of kit (and then: thank god for mouth-to mouth advertising)
Old 10th October 2013, 11:22 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF96 View Post
you would find that most people would still prefer to buy cheap junk which doesn't work too well and might burn their house down or electrocute their children
that would teach them to stay away from dads amps

just kidding , i dont have any children in the house and i always keep the fire extinguisher at hand when i use my chinese amps
Old 10th October 2013, 11:43 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

I can only imagine you've bought a set of chinese extinguishers... They're a lot cheaper, you know....

Hide this!Advertise here!