Do you know what I hate?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have a few ideas that might help -

* Run panels thru the saw and add rabbit cut
* Seal up inside of boxes
* OR wait the year to sand/finish them :up:

This does not address the core problem. The seams will "sink" in after a year or so. I do not believe it is movement, as they do not fail. I do not believe it is changes in humidity as my house stays pretty constant. I have to go make a bunch of test pieces myself and let them sit for a year.

I only make rounded corners. 3/4 minimum radius. I found it matters a lot to the tweeters. Pardon the pun, but sharp edges baffles sound edgy. I was surprised in my listening how impotent the REAR edges are. There is quite a difference if all 12 edges are radiused.

That's now banned in this country. :) Loud TV commercials | CRTC

Oh man, I laughed when I read that. So true. :rofl:

I wonder if the actual requirements address compression and loudness vs perceived volume?

Nice to see it also applies to the US, but I'm still using an analog TV without a digital converter box on cable. ( Ineed to take the box back and swap it for one that works more than 24 hrs at a time, but I have to drive 30 miles to do so.)

We tried to ban this here but the ad men pulled a fast one, they actually convinced our broadcasting authority that they made use of the sound from the un-used frequency's and added that to the used AND that this practice did not equate to raising the volume level! Anyone who is not deaf can tell that they boost the volume for their 'commercial breaks' but they got away with it.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
We tried to ban this here but the ad men pulled a fast one, they actually convinced our broadcasting authority that they made use of the sound from the un-used frequency's and added that to the used AND that this practice did not equate to raising the volume level! Anyone who is not deaf can tell that they boost the volume for their 'commercial breaks' but they got away with it.

The practice they used over here was to raise the commercial announcer's voice up to the same level a gunshot would be on the regular programming. Most TV programs have average audio level a certain point, and loud sounds at a higher point. Most commercials do not have sudden sounds at a higher level, so the average sound of the commercial is raised to near the max.

Result? The commercials come across much louder.

Don't know if they still are able to do that because most commercials have become not only annoying but also impossible to logically follow, so I automatically mute. Most US commercials directors seem to be Ken Russell fans.

I recon the only people who benefit from this practice is the battery manufacturers. Remote control battery's used to last for years often leaking before they actually expired. Now we keep a pack of them and change them quite frequently and we don't watch anywhere near as much TV in our house as some do.

I still hate WIndows 8. I got it to log into the desktop. Got my start button back and it pretty much runs, but I am plagued with pop-ups and ads I never had in XP. Added Ad-Blocker. Chrome no longer has a popup blocker setting I can find. I keep getting things I don't think I loaded asking me to load other junk. Yahoo just added a fixed add as the first mail line. ARRRRG. How much of this is preloaded by Toshiba I don't know. It took a lot of years hacking the registry for XP, now I have to start overt. I hate that.

Use Slimbrowser

Gajanan Phadte

I don't really hate things (except for Intel; I have an irrational hatred for that brand, along with Apple who have the audacity to motto "Think different" while flooding the market with textbook mainstream rubbish)...

But then again I buy stuff I have a good feeling about, use the very heck out of it for years and then replace it with something similar from the same brand... :)

I hate close neighbours who ruin nice sunny days (we don't get that many here) with their petrol chainsaws, petrol strimmers, petrol hedge trimmers, petrol rotavators etc. The worst offender is the guy who's into chainsaw art, I know where I would like to ram his chainsaw! We can't sit in the garden because of them so we end up sitting in the house with all the windows and doors shut on warm days.

I hate idiots that make left hand turns and cross three lanes without looking to see if another car is in the lane.

Stupid drivers.

No one injured, minor dammage to my car and his truck.

He tried arguing witht he police officer that it was my fault because he had a green light, Therefore I must have run a red light and was at fault.

TN is a "right turn on red after full stop state". I stopped, made sure the (closest) lane was empty and pulled into it. I guess he wanted it more than I did.

Equally bad are neighbours who keep five or six dogs which are untrained, bark at anything that moves - 24/7/52.

Worse still are those who live in the garden, cook BBQs twice a day, the smell of which is usually objectionable, and drink too much booze whilst making the loudest disconcerting noise possible and generally acting like a...holes all to the accompaniment of loud, distorted, junk "music" whilst screaming at their wild children to behave.

I have friends who live next door to such a family and now refuse to visit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.