Amar Bose, Dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought the 901s were pretty cool and when I was in high school I built a pair of speakers that emulated them (big and used 8" drivers :D).

Dr. Bose's employment of psychoacoustics in his designs was a great idea, with usually poor implementation.

Bose products in general have gone way downhill over the years, reaching a nadir with the dreadful but popular "acoustimass" system.

Bose's marketing has been aimed at the lowest common denominator for a long time now. Personally I have always loathed marketing types, viewing them as sleazy used car salesmen with a college education.

I predict that Bose will go even more mainstream now, offering more cheaply made, tarted up junk with slick marketing to offer and nothing else.

I really don't get the criticism's leveled at BOSE over the years , the man and more specifically his Co was/is successful by any measure ...:rolleyes:

His detractors would wish for a tenth of his success .....

"Success" can also be measured by what you do and don't do. Building shoddy over priced speaker is being successful in bringing in the cash but not being successful in garnering the respect for what you build from your "peers". If you think just making money is being successful then bilking people out of money by any means must high on your list of an"honorable" life.

Which is not as stupid as it sounds. They have money, and will part with it.
What do they say about a fool and his money?

If money were intelligence, then I'm a single celled organism. :p I do have assets (house etc) but a modest income. I was destroyed in the 2008-10 crash. MF Global "lost" all my money overnight, almost $2 million.

The fools should let me spend their money for them. :D Seriously, I could assemble high end theater etc for them way better than they could.

This is the view of Bose from an audio-perfectionist DIY most bang for the least buck audience. That might constitute 0.1% of the audio market. Most people buy audio like they buy cars, appliances, whatever. The emphasis is on a slick well marketed easy to setup package that appeals to the ego, not the brain or wallet. With a steady diet of MP3 audio via earbuds, they have no clue what audio quality is and no idea of what it should cost. Don't condemn Bose for profitably feeding this market, condemn the sheeple for their lowest common denominator appetites. RIP Dr. Bose.

With a steady diet of MP3 audio via earbuds, they have no clue what audio quality is and no idea of what it should cost. Don't condemn Bose for profitably feeding this market, condemn the sheeple for their lowest common denominator appetites. RIP Dr. Bose.

You must not have heard a good cheap MP3 player like the Sansa Clip combined with a good quality inexpensive in the ear canal headphone. I listen to one such system 3 days out of the week and it can sound VERY good indeed.
Bose could have made a LOT better quality speakers for very little investment and educated the general public to what is possible so yes, I will blame Bose.

Status
Not open for further replies.